Author Topic: images appear as black on the entire contact sheet until individually opened.  (Read 1974 times)

Offline vivimoos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Suddenly my one folder of selected raw files appear black when opened up in photo mechanic contact sheet. When clicked on they open individually but I want them to open up properly like they usually do.  ONLY on this one folder, all the other folders open up normally.  Help - I need to rely on all  functioning normally again. viviane

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Viviane,

Suddenly my one folder of selected raw files appear black when opened up in photo mechanic contact sheet. When clicked on they open individually but I want them to open up properly like they usually do.  ONLY on this one folder, all the other folders open up normally.  Help - I need to rely on all  functioning normally again.

What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?  What OS are you running?  What kind of RAW files are you viewing?

If I had to guess, I would say that the cached thumbnails have somehow become corrupt.  I suggest opening up the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog, then click on the Caching tab, set the Cache to be emptied on Quit, OK the Preferences dialog, then Quit and restart Photo Mechanic.  Then navigate to your folder again.

HTH,

-Kirk