Author Topic: Using {fbas} variable to set the Date/Time and Folder name...  (Read 6678 times)

Offline rswinter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Using {fbas} variable to set the Date/Time and Folder name...
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:14:51 PM »
I'm gussing this is a pretty non-standard thing to do, but I have a number of pictures taken from a cell phone that doesn't imbed the time date in the file, it does it with the file name instead...   (mmddyyhhmm.jpg)

So, I've found that I can create a rename set of variables to fix the filename so it's in a format I like "20{fbas:4,2}{fbas-0,2}{fbase-2,2}-{fbas-6,4}00-VZW_{seqn}"  so the above filename becomes 20090101-1300-VZW_001.jpg.  but It won't let me use the {fbas} in the directory structure to make the directory names equiveland to my others. (YYYY-MM-DD-CameraModel)

So then I thought if I could reset the date and time of each pictures using variables like I did for the renaming, them I could re-injest after changing the date time and I'd have the proper directory structure, but It seems that's not availiable, unless I'm missing something.  I don't see a way to reset the date/time in this fashion

Any suggestions??

Thanks.

-Stephen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Using {fbas} variable to set the Date/Time and Folder name...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:46:52 AM »
Stephen,

I'm gussing this is a pretty non-standard thing to do, but I have a number of pictures taken from a cell phone that doesn't imbed the time date in the file, it does it with the file name instead...   (mmddyyhhmm.jpg)

So, I've found that I can create a rename set of variables to fix the filename so it's in a format I like "20{fbas:4,2}{fbas-0,2}{fbase-2,2}-{fbas-6,4}00-VZW_{seqn}"  so the above filename becomes 20090101-1300-VZW_001.jpg.  but It won't let me use the {fbas} in the directory structure to make the directory names equiveland to my others. (YYYY-MM-DD-CameraModel)

So then I thought if I could reset the date and time of each pictures using variables like I did for the renaming, them I could re-injest after changing the date time and I'd have the proper directory structure, but It seems that's not availiable, unless I'm missing something.  I don't see a way to reset the date/time in this fashion

Try applying the IPTC Stationery Pad, and put the naming string you want as the folder name into some unused field like "Object name", and then use {object} in the Folder Name field.  I think that will work.

-Kirk

Offline rswinter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 12:54:42 PM »
Kirk,

Thanks for the suggestion... It worked perfectly... 

I Applied the IPTC Stationery Pad  "20{fbas:4,2}-{fbas:0,2}-{fbas:2,2}-VZW" to the Object Field on the original files, then did an Injest with the {object} as the direcorty name.

For a future release could we ge the ability to use variables to set the date/time?  Not sure if it's feasable to do, but would be nice in circumstances like this...

Thanks!

-Stephen

Offline dave.thomas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:49:42 AM »
Try applying the IPTC Stationery Pad, and put the naming string you want as the folder name into some unused field like "Object name", and then use {object} in the Folder Name field.

Might it be possible to consider adding a feature to allow users to specify their own custom field names? This would be a great feature.

Dave