Author Topic: Facebook upload?  (Read 22584 times)

Offline cornbred

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Facebook upload?
« on: February 23, 2009, 12:33:54 PM »
Will there be an upload template for Facebook? 

Sure would be nice if someone wrote one...

Matt

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Facebook upload?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 12:37:59 PM »
Matt,

I'm sure it's possible.  Yours is the first request.  If customer needs dictate it, we'll write one.

-Kirk

Offline markwaughuk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 06:05:26 AM »
i would love to see this and Flickr, and if they could have the watermark feature as on email that would be super cool !!!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 06:17:25 AM »
i would love to see this and Flickr, and if they could have the watermark feature as on email that would be super cool !!!!!

There is a Flickr uploader and it has Watermarking too.  It is in version 4.6.1 of Photo Mechanic.  No Facebook uploader though.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 11:50:44 AM »

There is a Flickr uploader and it has Watermarking too.  It is in version 4.6.1 of Photo Mechanic.  No Facebook uploader though.

-Kirk

Maybe a Facebook uploader would be good. However there are Flickr importer applications on Facebook as a workaround.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 11:53:24 AM »

It is more like a Discussion topic but what kind of watermark is best for Flicrk - and other uses? If the watermark is too small and out of the way it doesn't really disturbs viewing of the image but allows for stealing the mage. If it is large, multiplied more protective it probably kills the viewer experience. Any thoughts on this "what is best for a watermark" issue?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline trackside

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 05:27:52 PM »
I think a facebook upload feature would be neat but underused. Frankly I'd rather see the PM team working on something more usefull or within the general workflow.

Offline Donzo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »
My wife and I would use it often.

Offline jfuji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »
I upload to Flickr and use a crossposting app for Facebook. I would also like a Facebook uploader for family pix and snapshots.

Offline Derek Cheng

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »
Would find a facebook uploader quite useful. If it has the ability to upload to Facebook Pages (for business) and be able to create albums (folders), and add a default caption, that would be great.

Offline taran

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »
Regretably, facebook is a powerful application for biz, and thus I too would like to get on board.

While were at it, may I also request Tumblr support?  I regret having to start a new thread, but perhaps there could be a decicated "deployment on emerging social networks status" thread?  LOL's

Thanks for making such a great product, love the flickr integration.

Offline DKoeck

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Dan Koeck Photography
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »
Unless I'm missing something, please consider adding the ability to upload slideshows to a LinkedIn account.

Offline Ed Wolfstein

• Ed Wolfstein - Photographer
    • View Profile
    • PhotoSelter
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »
Not really a Facebook upload issue, but for SportsShooter Members:

Many SportsShooter Members use Photo Mechanic, and in order to keep their marketing efforts strong, would LOVE to have a Galley Uploader that would update your current 10 image SportsShooter Gallery. Having this ability in Photo Mechanic would be a nice way to keep your Gallery current after every shoot.

Now, this can be done from a PhotoShelter Gallery (if you have a PhotoShelter Acount), but it won't watermark your images to SpotsShooter (but WILL to Facebook, go figure). Some members find watermarking essential. What is convenient, is that the PhotoShelter tool includes the captions, and you can arrange the order: something that seems a natural for Photo Mechanic.

Maybe down the road?...

Cheers!

- Ed.

Ed Wolfstein - Photographer
100 Church Street
Burlington, Vermont, 05401 USA

http://www.edpix.com
802-864-8334

Offline odious

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »
As much as I dislike how Facebook handles images, I'm afraid it's popularity is undeniable. I usually post a link to my flickr page to share my images. But this means that my friends can't "tag" themselves in my photos. And that means fewer views. And for others to share photos of themselves that I have taken, they have to copy it to Facebook themselves and tag themselves. And that separates me from my images.

I would wager that the number of image uploads and views on Facebook would (or will soon) rival that of any other image hosting site. That means that people expect (or will expect soon) to have that option in their image uploading software.

I am not someone who "expects" it, but it would sure be convenient and would solidify further my dependency on PhotoMechanic. It would prevent me from having to find some other way to automate the process of uploading my photos to Facebook.

So.... "PLEASE?"

Thanks

Matt,

I'm sure it's possible.  Yours is the first request.  If customer needs dictate it, we'll write one.

-Kirk

Offline dalusung

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 06:04:23 AM »
Another user here hoping for a Facebook upload feature