Author Topic: Facebook upload?  (Read 22581 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Facebook upload?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 08:25:13 AM »
As much as I dislike how Facebook handles images, I'm afraid it's popularity is undeniable. I usually post a link to my flickr page to share my images. But this means that my friends can't "tag" themselves in my photos. And that means fewer views. And for others to share photos of themselves that I have taken, they have to copy it to Facebook themselves and tag themselves. And that separates me from my images.

I would wager that the number of image uploads and views on Facebook would (or will soon) rival that of any other image hosting site. That means that people expect (or will expect soon) to have that option in their image uploading software.

I am not someone who "expects" it, but it would sure be convenient and would solidify further my dependency on PhotoMechanic. It would prevent me from having to find some other way to automate the process of uploading my photos to Facebook.

So.... "PLEASE?"

Thanks

I have no statistics to question or to confirm your statement, but I doubt Facebook image views would rival Flickr or other photo sharing sites.
First of all on Facebook only your friends and maybe their friends will see your images. There is practically no search possibility on images and none of the search engines index the images on Facebook.

Most of the photo sharing sites on the offer hand include their own search possibilites, highlights on newly uploaded images certain kinds of suggestions and are indexed by search engines that bring a lot of viewers....and like Flickr there are possibilites of embeding your photos/galleries into your website or blog drawing more attention.

But this is not a vote against a Facebook uploader option.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline charlesteton

• View Profile
    • www.charlesteton.com
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 02:29:36 AM »
I would like this feature too. Thanks.

Offline craig pulsifer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 04:38:46 PM »
Another reluctant vote for Facebook upload app.

:~p craig

Offline hya

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 02:24:32 AM »
another vote for a Facebook upload app ... specifically... being able to upload to a page I am an admin at, since that's where my client needs the photos at.

Offline PilsterPhotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 03:18:06 PM »
One more hand for a facebook uploader (Preferably to the fan page)! My Facebook fan page is a major source of marketing to my clients.

Offline kristiwright

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
Yes, please!!

Offline tghaines

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 03:04:18 PM »
Another vote here....any idea on the time frame?

Offline Keith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »
I would also appreciate and get quite a bit of use out of a Facebook uploader.

There does seem to be more than just a little interest in this. Can you share any information as to whether or not you will be implementing this, and, if so, when?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 10:54:22 PM »
I would also appreciate and get quite a bit of use out of a Facebook uploader.

There does seem to be more than just a little interest in this. Can you share any information as to whether or not you will be implementing this, and, if so, when?

I'm sure we'll add the feature at some point.  Our resources are currently devoted to cataloging features at this time.

-Kirk