Author Topic: Open folders and subfolders in new contact sheet - improvement  (Read 11582 times)

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
Regarding the very useful function "Open folders and subfolders in new contact sheet" available by right-clicking in the folder in the Favorites panel....

Is there another way to call this without first having to add the parent folder into the favorites panel? Sometime I want to do this for a folder but know I'm only going to need it once, but current procedure requires me to: Add parent folder to Favourites, right-click and open sub-folders, then remove parent from Favourites.

How about in the File Menu offering all the options available from the Favourites panel? The File Menu could look like this:

- Open Contact sheet
- Open Recent > (leads to recent folders)
- Open Recursively > (which would lead to a sub-menu offering....)
------Open folders and subfolders in New Contact sheet
------Open folders and subfolders replacing Contact sheet
------And any other of the Favorites contextual menu options that you think are appropriate

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Open folders and subfolders in new contact sheet - improvement
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 05:56:02 AM »
The same "open..." functionality is already available by right clicking on a folder in the folders list. No need to add it to the favourite panel first. So I'm not sure what you are asking for here.

Cheers
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:30:17 AM »
I guess you are right, I just don't use the folders panel at all. With both the Folders and Favorites panel onscreen, it takes up too much space for either one to be easily navigable, in my opinion, therefore I prefer to just have Favorites panle up with my IN and OUT folders.
What I am asking for is to have the contextual menu options available in the folders/favorites panel also available via the File menu. There is an option to "Open Contact Sheet" in the File Menu, why not also have an option to "Open a Contact Sheet with subfolders"?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »
Ah, now I understand you completely  ::)

And yes, this request does make sense  :)

Cheers
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 03:06:14 AM »
With both the Folders and Favorites panel onscreen, it takes up too much space for either one to be easily navigable, in my opinion, therefore I prefer to just have Favorites panle up with my IN and OUT folders.

You can arrange Favorites and Navigator below each other, this way neither takes more space from the screen as the other does. And as I recall on Win you can resize them too just like on Mac (where you cannot close them at all but can hide by resizing them to invisibility).

What I am asking for is to have the contextual menu options available in the folders/favorites panel also available via the File menu. There is an option to "Open Contact Sheet" in the File Menu, why not also have an option to "Open a Contact Sheet with subfolders"?

I second this request. The "Browse with PM" option in the context menu is a great help and having one for open folder and subfolders would be a great addition to it (both on Mac and Win).
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com