Author Topic: Search Sub Folders  (Read 2820 times)

Offline MontyM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Search Sub Folders
« on: June 03, 2009, 01:55:15 PM »
I'm am trying PN v4.6.1
So far it is doing all I had hoped, with one major exception.  I would like it to search (Multiple) sub folders.  Generally store my pictures as follows
   Jan
      etc
  Feb
A folder named 2009 has 12 subfolders, one for each month
THe month folders has subfolders, one for each day of the month

I would like to select the 2009 folder and be able to search all subfolders for specific keywords or captions.  THe results should be displayed in on the ride side of the screen as thumbnails.

Please let me know if this is "in the works" or if it is a "you've got to be kidding" feature.

Thanks
Monty

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Search Sub Folders
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:39:47 PM »
Monty,

I'm am trying PN v4.6.1
So far it is doing all I had hoped, with one major exception.  I would like it to search (Multiple) sub folders.  Generally store my pictures as follows
   Jan
      etc
  Feb
A folder named 2009 has 12 subfolders, one for each month
THe month folders has subfolders, one for each day of the month

I would like to select the 2009 folder and be able to search all subfolders for specific keywords or captions.  THe results should be displayed in on the ride side of the screen as thumbnails.

Just open the 2009 folder and all of its subfolders in a single contact sheet.  You can do this by right-clicking on the 2009 folder and choosing one of the "Open folder and subfolders..." options.

Then you can use the Find dialog on all of your images.

Please note that if you have tens of thousands of images in there that PM may not be able to handle it.  We've only tested with 30,000 images and it worked fine for that.

HTH,

-Kirk