Author Topic: Final 4.6 snapshot on stationary pad not working  (Read 4448 times)

Offline miguelr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Final 4.6 snapshot on stationary pad not working
« on: February 25, 2009, 07:00:46 PM »
Saved snapshot coming empty.

Looked on ....Application Data\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\IPTCDialogSettings and the new one is 1KB when the others are 3KB each.

Regards

Miguelr

On WinXP Pro

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Final 4.6 snapshot on stationary pad not working
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
Miguelr,

Looked on ....Application Data\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\IPTCDialogSettings and the new one is 1KB when the others are 3KB each.

Thanks.  I'm looking into it now.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:17:54 PM »
Miguelr,

Try downloading the installer again.  Reinstall version 4.6 and it should now save IPTC Snapshots.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 01:49:53 AM »
On a Mac I had some trouble with a new snapshot not working, until I figured out that it was not working because I was putting a "\" character in the snapshot's name, so PM created a new folder path.  This made the new snapshot not appear in the dialog (as it was now in a subfolder), but if I tried to create it again it would tell me there was one of that name already!  Would it be possible to make the snapshot dialog disallow forbidden characters?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 06:09:58 AM »
On a Mac I had some trouble with a new snapshot not working, until I figured out that it was not working because I was putting a "\" character in the snapshot's name, so PM created a new folder path.  This made the new snapshot not appear in the dialog (as it was now in a subfolder), but if I tried to create it again it would tell me there was one of that name already!  Would it be possible to make the snapshot dialog disallow forbidden characters?

I guess I'll have to.  I hadn't thought of that!!!

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »
Well it's not essential, as now I know not to do it.  (But then again, if I managed to break it, it's only a matter of time before someone else does!)  I guess the "\" is the only one that would cause a problem like this, as most characters can be in the filename without issue, or are there any other characters I should avoid?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 01:09:27 PM »
Sam,

Well it's not essential, as now I know not to do it.  (But then again, if I managed to break it, it's only a matter of time before someone else does!)  I guess the "\" is the only one that would cause a problem like this, as most characters can be in the filename without issue, or are there any other characters I should avoid?

It depends on what platform you're running.  And whether or not you don't want to make your life more difficult if you ever use a command line to access your files...

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »
Fixed in 4.6.1 Beta :)