Author Topic: 4.6 Code Replacement in Date Field  (Read 4812 times)

Offline scphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4.6 Code Replacement in Date Field
« on: February 26, 2009, 11:56:48 AM »
I have noticed an issue in version 4.6.  When I have a code replacement file loaded, the date field is changing based on the file.  For example, the date field looks like this without a file loaded: Date: 2/25/09.  When I have a day that matches a loaded file, I get a date like this: Date: 2,25-Brittney Kennedy,09.  Here is the line in my replacement file that is matching: 25   ,25-Brittney Kennedy,. 

It happens with CR2s and a DNGs from a 1D Mark IIN as well as JPGs from a 20D.  This is on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.6 and the final release of 4.6.

Offline scphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: 4.6 Code Replacement in Date Field
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 01:02:34 PM »
I just checked my Windows Vista machine and it is exhibiting the exact same behavior.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 01:11:36 PM »
I have noticed an issue in version 4.6.  When I have a code replacement file loaded, the date field is changing based on the file.  For example, the date field looks like this without a file loaded: Date: 2/25/09.  When I have a day that matches a loaded file, I get a date like this: Date: 2,25-Brittney Kennedy,09.  Here is the line in my replacement file that is matching: 25   ,25-Brittney Kennedy,. 

It happens with CR2s and a DNGs from a 1D Mark IIN as well as JPGs from a 20D.  This is on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.6 and the final release of 4.6.

Where are you seeing this?  What is your Code Replacement delimiter?  If it is the forward slash character you may want to choose another.  Code Replacement can't tell what you're intending in this case.

-Kirk

Offline scphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »
I am using the forward slash.  The date field that is being changed is in the info panel on the right side when viewing a single image.  I am a little surprised that a non-editable field is having code replacement applied.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »
I am using the forward slash.  The date field that is being changed is in the info panel on the right side when viewing a single image.  I am a little surprised that a non-editable field is having code replacement applied.

Code Replacements are applied whenever variables are expanded.  It is what truly makes Code Replacement so powerful.  You can use this feature to do double-indirection where you use the contents of another metadata value as a code for a replacement.

-Kirk

Offline scphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 07:38:34 PM »
That makes sense.  Thank you for the explanation.  I will change my replacement delimiter.