Author Topic: PhotoMechanic in more languages, like french, german and spanish !!!  (Read 6899 times)

Offline Bernd Beuermann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
From my point of view PhotoMechanic does not have many competitors. Here in Europe the software Fotostation is very strong, but with 600 € very expensive, so I think the market here is ready for PM. But to enter this new markets, I find it very important to produce PM in other languages. First the most important languages after english : french, german, spanish. It would be clever if PM works with a languages-file instead of embedded words in the programming code. So it is easy to produce a new version in a different language without writing the hole code. I'm shure, that you find people how are able or will to translate a list of maybe 200 words. I dont know how many words you are using in the PM, but I dont think it is more than 400. I would to it for free (or for a german localized version ;-)). The manual could be translated by professional service which find you in the internet and then checked by an expert or by your custumer.

Offline Davpino

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PhotoMechanic in more languages, like french, german and spanish !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 01:31:54 AM »
Hello Kirk & Co.!

Any thing new about localization? :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 07:12:09 AM »
Hello Kirk & Co.!

Any thing new about localization? :)

Nothing new to report on this at the moment.

-Kirk

Offline manfrotto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 07:01:55 AM »
Hello, Kirk:

I'm a moderator on a big Mac users forum here in Spain: www.macuarium.com
We have more than 105632 users, most of them photographers. Many of them are using PM on their computers and are asking soften about a spanish version of PM.
If you want, we can help you, free of charge, to translate it  ;)

Please, send me a private message if you're interested on it.

Thanks.

Juan Díaz. (Manfrotto in Macuarium)