Author Topic: 4.6 Final - Smugmug Uploader????  (Read 13203 times)

Offline mf_photo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: 4.6 Final - Smugmug Uploader????
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 02:46:19 PM »
I looked into this further with the engineer that is working on the Uploader templates.  We are basically waiting until SmugMug responds back to us that our upload was received.  The delay is on SmugMug's end.  Your graph shows that we're sitting idle during this time.

One way we could improve this would to be to start another file uploading while we wait for the acknowledgment.  Why SmugMug is taking so long to respond is unknown to us but it may have something to do with how busy their servers are.

-Kirk

Thanks for the info, Kirk. I assumed the delay was on SmugMug's end, but it would be nice if the PM uploader could start another upload while waiting for acknowledgment, the way MacDaddy seems to. As it stands now the PM uploader is just too slow for anything other than small uploads, at least for me (and the lack of gallery creation is problem too).

Offline mf_photo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 11:35:52 AM »
Just curious--any chance of this speed/delay issue being addressed in 4.6.1? Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 11:42:17 AM »
Just curious--any chance of this speed/delay issue being addressed in 4.6.1? Thanks.

That's our plan.  By the time 4.6.1 is finalized we should be able to improve the performance somewhat.  We'll be releasing a beta of 4.6.1 shortly that will not address this particular issue, but rest assured that we'll get it done before the final release.

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 11:57:40 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I'm using the 3/28 beta - are you getting anywhere with creating folder with SmugMug?

Thanks
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 06:38:53 AM »
I'm using the 3/28 beta - are you getting anywhere with creating folder with SmugMug?

We're still working on it.  There are several uploaders that need this feature and they're all in line to be completed for version 4.6.1 final.

-Kirk