Author Topic: FTP  (Read 4490 times)

Offline Ricky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:00:29 PM »
Hi folks I have downloaded PM for  20 day trial. I love the ingest speed and caption process which I am getting used to. I am now trying to FTP my files to photoshelter client, this is the first I have ever tried to FTP files usually just email, so as u can imagine I am a little confused. I highlight the file then got to File-FTP as, select photoshelter add login details  but even before i try to send I have error at foot of file uploader page --- "[error;FieldFormatErr; The value you entered for <Email>is incorrect;please check for errors.] " Now I know I never entered any values and I dont have a clue where to search for errors.  I have just signed up to a photo agency and I am desperate to get this to work, P.M looks like a GRT program dont really want to try anything else.  PLS PLS help.
Ricky
I am using a P.C running Vista, with 2GB ram. using the latest PM4.6
Just another thought folks, am I being really silly to think that I can FTP files direct from PM ? or do i need to use a seperate program too?.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:08:01 PM by Ricky »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »
Ricky,

Hi folks I have downloaded PM for  20 day trial. I love the ingest speed and caption process which I am getting used to. I am now trying to FTP my files to photoshelter client, this is the first I have ever tried to FTP files usually just email, so as u can imagine I am a little confused. I highlight the file then got to File-FTP as, select photoshelter add login details  but even before i try to send I have error at foot of file uploader page --- "[error;FieldFormatErr; The value you entered for <Email>is incorrect;please check for errors.] " Now I know I never entered any values and I dont have a clue where to search for errors.  I have just signed up to a photo agency and I am desperate to get this to work, P.M looks like a GRT program dont really want to try anything else.  PLS PLS help.
Ricky
I am using a P.C running Vista, with 2GB ram. using the latest PM4.6
Just another thought folks, am I being really silly to think that I can FTP files direct from PM ? or do i need to use a seperate program too?.

No, you're not being silly.  PM can directly upload via FTP, PhotoShelter, Exposure Manager, etc.  You need to use the PhotoShelter template to upload to PhotoShelter, and you need to create a Connection Setting for your PhotoShelter account.

Then it should work fine.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Ricky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 02:48:58 PM »
Kirk many thx for your help, I really thought i could FTP direct from PM. Glad I got that right.
But here is the real problem Kirk, I really dont have a clue how to go about getting into the photoshelter template.  Think I need taken by hand on this one, sorry  ???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
Kirk many thx for your help, I really thought i could FTP direct from PM. Glad I got that right.
But here is the real problem Kirk, I really dont have a clue how to go about getting into the photoshelter template.  Think I need taken by hand on this one, sorry  ???

In the upper area of the Uploader dialog is a popup menu that lets you choose the Uploader template.  PhotoShelter is listed among them.  Choose it.  Then click on the "Connection Settings..." button and create an account for your PhotoShelter account.  Then back at the Uploader dialog, enter the various parameters and click the Send button.  The selected photos will be sent to PhotoShelter.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Ricky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 08:28:05 AM »
Hi again Kirk, I have pretty much gone through the procedure u have detailed, and fully understand it now, but it seems that when I am in the file uploader and it is attempting to connect to photoshelter I keep getting the ERROR message that i detailed in my first posting !!!
I have gone through all the connection parameters checked and dbl checked my login details but cant seem to get any further.... should I give up and just use an outside FTP client ????....... would much rather get this sorted in PM though if you think its poss ???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 08:47:59 AM »
Ricky,

Hi again Kirk, I have pretty much gone through the procedure u have detailed, and fully understand it now, but it seems that when I am in the file uploader and it is attempting to connect to photoshelter I keep getting the ERROR message that i detailed in my first posting !!!
I have gone through all the connection parameters checked and dbl checked my login details but cant seem to get any further.... should I give up and just use an outside FTP client ????....... would much rather get this sorted in PM though if you think its poss ???

Send me a personal message (click on my name to the left of this posting) and give me your phone number and a best time to call.  I'll call you and walk you through the process.

-Kirk