Author Topic: 4.6 not respecting crop applied to NEF file  (Read 2264 times)

Offline tangoravi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4.6 not respecting crop applied to NEF file
« on: March 02, 2009, 10:50:18 AM »
Prior to v4.6, this worked, now it does not.

NEF file previews appear correctly in the Photo Mechanic Contact Sheet window, however when I "Send photo via email..." the processed file is not cropped. Checking or unchecking the Apply Crop box has no effect. In fact, ALL adjustments made in Nikon Capture NX2, although they appear in the thumbnail, are NOT being applied to the version created for email. This WAS working and is NOW BROKEN.

Macintosh OSX 10.5.6
Photo Mechanic 4.6

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6 not respecting crop applied to NEF file
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 10:55:22 AM »
Prior to v4.6, this worked, now it does not.

NEF file previews appear correctly in the Photo Mechanic Contact Sheet window, however when I "Send photo via email..." the processed file is not cropped. Checking or unchecking the Apply Crop box has no effect. In fact, ALL adjustments made in Nikon Capture NX2, although they appear in the thumbnail, are NOT being applied to the version created for email. This WAS working and is NOW BROKEN.

Macintosh OSX 10.5.6
Photo Mechanic 4.6

Can you share with us a sample file with a crop added onto it for testing?  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk