Author Topic: PM 4.6/Bridge CS4  (Read 2954 times)

Offline tgray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.6/Bridge CS4
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:52:40 AM »
I've read through the PM/Bridge compatibility settings and I think I've got them working right.  However, not only does setting a picture as a reject in Bridge not transfer over to PM, it makes setting labels and ratings after that very erratic in both programs.  After doing it, sometimes I can't change the color label in PM, and star ratings in PM don't travel to Bridge anymore.  The only cure seems to be to delete IPTC/XMP metadata in PM and start over.

I know the answer is, "Don't do that!" with respect to rejecting a photo in Bridge.  This was motivated by seeing where Adobe seems to store the Reject tag.  It looks like they set the Rating of the photo in the IPTC record (according to Exiftool) to -1.  Any chance of having PM read/write a Rating of -1 correctly as a reject?  If that is indeed where Bridge stores this info...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.6/Bridge CS4
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:09:17 AM »
I've read through the PM/Bridge compatibility settings and I think I've got them working right.  However, not only does setting a picture as a reject in Bridge not transfer over to PM, it makes setting labels and ratings after that very erratic in both programs.  After doing it, sometimes I can't change the color label in PM, and star ratings in PM don't travel to Bridge anymore.  The only cure seems to be to delete IPTC/XMP metadata in PM and start over.

I know the answer is, "Don't do that!" with respect to rejecting a photo in Bridge.  This was motivated by seeing where Adobe seems to store the Reject tag.  It looks like they set the Rating of the photo in the IPTC record (according to Exiftool) to -1.  Any chance of having PM read/write a Rating of -1 correctly as a reject?  If that is indeed where Bridge stores this info...

Can you send me some sample files that you've marked as Rejected?  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk

Offline tgray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 4.6/Bridge CS4
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:44:33 AM »
All done.  I lied about the IPTC field.  It looks like Bridge puts it in the XMP field.  When things get out of sync, there will be a rating in XMP (http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0 according to Bridge) of -1 and then a different one in the PM section.