Author Topic: Export to HTML Template  (Read 5891 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Export to HTML Template
« on: March 05, 2009, 02:56:13 PM »
I see that v4.6 allows exporting to custom HTML templates, however I can't find any information on how to do this, such as:

what fold to place the templates in
if or how variables can be enterd in the template
what other requirements must be met
what does "pretty print output HTML mean
can teh templates be created with any HTML editor?

Has this been documented somewhere and I am just missing it?

Once I figure this out, I am hoping I can dump Microsoft Expression. Generating web pages is the only reason that I use that intensely frustrating piece of software.

Nice update, by the way. You keep makeing a great product better!

Mick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Export to HTML Template
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 03:22:19 PM »
Mick,

I see that v4.6 allows exporting to custom HTML templates, however I can't find any information on how to do this, such as:

what fold to place the templates in

Wherever you like.  You just need to use the Preferences->Files tab to choose your location.  See the setting labeled "Location of user HTML templates:" and click on the Choose... button to choose the folder containing your templates.

Quote from: mklass
if or how variables can be entered in the template
what other requirements must be met

See the Extras folder (next to the 4.6 application on Windows, or in the disk image next to the 4.6 application on Mac OS X) and look for the "HTML Templates Exporter docs" folder.

what does "pretty print output HTML" mean?

It means that it will output the HTML in an aesthetically pleasing way, nicely indented with style.

can the templates be created with any HTML editor?

I don't see any reason why not though I only code HTML by hand so I have no first-hand experience.  I tried to make it work like iView Media Pro's way of doing things but allow only PM style variables so I think it should feel somewhat familiar to you.  I can convert any one of the example templates for IVMP in just a few minutes to work with PM's HTML Templates exporter.

Has this been documented somewhere and I am just missing it?

See above for the location of the documentation.

Once I figure this out, I am hoping I can dump Microsoft Expression. Generating web pages is the only reason that I use that intensely frustrating piece of software.

Nice update, by the way. You keep makeing a great product better!

Thanks!

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:42:07 PM »
Thanks for the fast answer, Kirk. It does look a lot like the method iView used. I'll study the documents and figure out how to convert the variables to my existing templates. I think it should be pretty easy. Thanks for adding this feature.

Mick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:55:49 PM »
Mick,

Thanks for the fast answer, Kirk. It does look a lot like the method iView used. I'll study the documents and figure out how to convert the variables to my existing templates. I think it should be pretty easy. Thanks for adding this feature.

You're welcome.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Kirk