Author Topic: Easy way of finding/tagging images with associated .wav files  (Read 6261 times)

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
Hello Kirk,

is there a way to quickly find images with associated .wav files ? I tried the "find" and "seach" features without success. I often work a full day at the newspaper taking verbal notes on people's name, address, etc... and have to scroll along hundreds of images to find the ones with a .wav files attached.

An item in the "view" menu would be great like (F1-All, F2-selected...F6-wav)  or a search capacity to selec images with associated .wav files to later tag would also be great.

Thanks for this great tool I used 300 + days a year !!

Hugo

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Re: Easy way of finding/tagging images with associated .wav files
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 02:38:34 PM »
I always "LOCK" the files that I associate a .wav file with...the locked files are "tagged" when ingested therefor the .wav file s would be essentially tagged as well. 

Would that work?

Delane
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 04:43:35 PM »
Hugo,

is there a way to quickly find images with associated .wav files ? I tried the "find" and "seach" features without success. I often work a full day at the newspaper taking verbal notes on people's name, address, etc... and have to scroll along hundreds of images to find the ones with a .wav files attached.

An item in the "view" menu would be great like (F1-All, F2-selected...F6-wav)  or a search capacity to select images with associated .wav files to later tag would also be great.

Thanks for this great tool I used 300 + days a year !!

If you create a Custom sort and use the {sound} variable in the Primary sort and {filenamebase} in the Secondary sort field then your images with sounds will be grouped together.

They should be very easy to spot then.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies ! Both ways are actually pretty simple to do.

Hugo