Author Topic: PM 6: Drag an Drop tagged files from a card's contactsheet  (Read 6111 times)

Offline oryk

• View Profile
PM 6: Drag an Drop tagged files from a card's contactsheet
« on: March 13, 2009, 12:31:20 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I open a card as a contactsheet. Then I drag and drop a tagged file to a <favorites> folder. Now the copied file is untagged in the <favorites> folder.

Is this a bug or intended ?

-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 6: Drag an Drop tagged files from a card's contactsheet
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 06:23:37 AM »
I open a card as a contactsheet. Then I drag and drop a tagged file to a <favorites> folder. Now the copied file is untagged in the <favorites> folder.

Is this a bug or intended?

It's a bug in 4.6.0.  It should be fixed in 4.6.1.  Please go to the Announcements section and download the beta.  Then try it again and let me know back in this thread if the problem has been fixed.

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:54:40 AM »
Kirk,

4.6.1b does not help.
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 07:00:42 AM »
Oryk,

4.6.1b does not help.

OK, then please tell me all steps necessary to reproduce this problem.  File format being copied, IPTC/XMP tab settings, Files tab settings, General tab settings, what to do to the file before copying, what the destination path is, and what the file looks like after the copy.  Screen shots would be great.

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 10:33:20 AM »
Oryk,

4.6.1b does not help.

OK, then please tell me all steps necessary to reproduce this problem.  File format being copied, IPTC/XMP tab settings, Files tab settings, General tab settings, what to do to the file before copying, what the destination path is, and what the file looks like after the copy.  Screen shots would be great.

-Kirk

Kirk,

- .cr2 files

- IPTC/XMP settings: see attached file

- Files settings: see attached file

- General settings: see attached file

I tagged the file in camera, the destination path is on a lokal volume with all rights and the file looks ok, but it is not tagged any longer. I can open it with Photoshop.

[attachment deleted by admin]
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 11:03:27 AM »
Oryk,

4.6.1b does not help.

- .cr2 files

I tagged the file in camera, the destination path is on a lokal volume with all rights and the file looks ok, but it is not tagged any longer. I can open it with Photoshop.

In the Files tab, change the setting titled "Add tag, color class, and rating to IPTC/XMP:" to read 'For all photos'

I think that will solve your problem.

But at any rate, we don't ever recommend editing directly on your card.  It is far too risky.  Ingest first.

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »
Oryk,

4.6.1b does not help.

- .cr2 files

In the Files tab, change the setting titled "Add tag, color class, and rating to IPTC/XMP:" to read 'For all photos'

But at any rate, we don't ever recommend editing directly on your card.  It is far too risky.  Ingest first.

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I changed the setting. This does not solve the problem. But: if I change colorclass from '0' to '1' (on card) the copied file has colorclass '1' AND is tagged !??

-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 01:54:52 PM »
Oryk,

4.6.1b does not help.

- .cr2 files

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I changed the setting. This does not solve the problem. But: if I change colorclass from '0' to '1' (on card) the copied file has colorclass '1' AND is tagged !??

Locked files in the camera should ingest and end up tagged.  I'm not sure why they would get tagged already on the card, or are you telling me they end up tagged when copied?

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 02:41:19 PM »
Oryk,

4.6.1b does not help.

- .cr2 files

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Locked files in the camera should ingest and end up tagged.  I'm not sure why they would get tagged already on the card, or are you telling me they end up tagged when copied?

-Kirk

Kirk,

tagged files end up untagged when copied via drag and drop.
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 02:43:43 PM »
Oryk,

4.6.1b does not help.

- .cr2 files

-Kirk

tagged files end up untagged when copied via drag and drop.

I thought you just said that the copied files were tagged?  Anyway, I'll get one of our QA guys to try and reproduce the problem and if we can get it to happen, we'll fix it.

-Kirk