Author Topic: PM 4.6 Tags and Color Class not functioning correctly  (Read 2014 times)

Offline jock

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Jock Fistick / Axis-5 Images
PM 4.6 Tags and Color Class not functioning correctly
« on: March 13, 2009, 03:38:51 AM »
It seems with the new version of PM 4.6 that using the "T" key to tag an image no longer works as it did in previous versions and setting the color class is also very buggy.
I was editing a batch of files and when I press the "T" key to tag an image, nothing happens. I then decided to use color class as a selection identifier. I wanted to set the color class to orange which I have mapped to 3 on my keyboard but I accidentally hit the 2 key which is mapped to the color Blue on my keyboard. The color class for the image was then set to Blue, but when I noticed my mistake and tried to change it to orange or 3 - nothing happens. So, I went through selection process using BLUE as my color class and when I was finished I selected all BLUE images and then tried to change them all to ORANGE. Again, PM showed it's progress window, but the color class of the images was not changed.  A few days ago I did this with v4.6 and it worked fine - today not. Any idea why PM's behavior is so erratic?

Powerbook G4 2GB ram - OSX 10.4.11

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.6 Tags and Color Class not functioning correctly
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 06:25:57 AM »
Jock,

It seems with the new version of PM 4.6 that using the "T" key to tag an image no longer works as it did in previous versions and setting the color class is also very buggy.
I was editing a batch of files and when I press the "T" key to tag an image, nothing happens. I then decided to use color class as a selection identifier. I wanted to set the color class to orange which I have mapped to 3 on my keyboard but I accidentally hit the 2 key which is mapped to the color Blue on my keyboard. The color class for the image was then set to Blue, but when I noticed my mistake and tried to change it to orange or 3 - nothing happens. So, I went through selection process using BLUE as my color class and when I was finished I selected all BLUE images and then tried to change them all to ORANGE. Again, PM showed it's progress window, but the color class of the images was not changed.  A few days ago I did this with v4.6 and it worked fine - today not. Any idea why PM's behavior is so erratic?

Powerbook G4 2GB ram - OSX 10.4.11

It's a bug in the initial release.  Please download version 4.6.1 from the Announcements section.  Please post back here whether or not the problem is fixed.

-Kirk