Author Topic: 4.6 FTP problem for sending  (Read 3926 times)

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
4.6 FTP problem for sending
« on: March 15, 2009, 12:17:15 AM »
Hello,

Thanks for your constant devellopement on this wonderful product. Here is problem i ran into yesterday night while on a job.

I am using 4.6 on XP SP 2 and have problem to upload files to two out of 6 FTP connections since upgrading from 4.5. Here is the message i get :

"Failed all attempts to rename file for dropbox transfer. 550 "

The strange part is that if i try with 4.5 or Filezila the files are flying out, beta 4.6.1 fails too.
I tried to change the option if the file already exist on the server and no success

Any idea what coule be the problem ?

Bests

Denis

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6 FTP problem for sending
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:20:50 AM »
Denis,

Thanks for your constant devellopement on this wonderful product. Here is problem i ran into yesterday night while on a job.

I am using 4.6 on XP SP 2 and have problem to upload files to two out of 6 FTP connections since upgrading from 4.5. Here is the message i get :

"Failed all attempts to rename file for dropbox transfer. 550 "

The strange part is that if i try with 4.5 or Filezila the files are flying out, beta 4.6.1 fails too.
I tried to change the option if the file already exist on the server and no success

Any idea what coule be the problem ?

Not without having your FTP server account information, your settings and your files to test with.  The first thing I would recommend is getting the 4.6.1 beta since it fixes a number of issues in 4.6.0 and see if it works any better.  Failing that, I'd like for you to share your information with us privately so we can test with it on our end.  It should be easy to figure out what is going on then.

-Kirk

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 08:14:52 AM »
The beta didn't solved it but after more tests i found what might have been the problem.

Also the FTP connections and settings were correctly passed from 4.5 to 4.6, in the file uploader window the box for the path was empty although in the FTP connections it was correctly written.

It seems now to work but checking all my ftp settings will be a priority when upgrading next time.  ;D

Thanks for the ftp related colored box next to the thumbnails it helps me greatly to check transfers

Denis

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 08:57:45 AM »
After more tests and sorry for the multi posts it seems that there is defenitely a problem with picking up the path from the FTP settings in the File Uploader window (ctrl + U) as i have to write it manually for each different ftp settings. If you change the settings from the scroll bar it stays with the one before.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:13:36 AM »
Denis,

After more tests and sorry for the multi posts it seems that there is defenitely a problem with picking up the path from the FTP settings in the File Uploader window (ctrl + U) as i have to write it manually for each different ftp settings. If you change the settings from the scroll bar it stays with the one before.

Are you using 4.6.1 now?

-Kirk

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 11:02:14 AM »
yes the latests tests were done with 4.6.1