Author Topic: PM 6.1 b: Color Class <gray> = <8> is not available  (Read 8910 times)

Offline oryk

• View Profile
PM 6.1 b: Color Class <gray> = <8> is not available
« on: March 15, 2009, 12:41:39 PM »
Kirk,

Color Class <gray> = <8> is not available. I hit key <8>, but the bar changes to <blue>. If I click on the color bar I can not select <gray> as well.

-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.6.1 b: Color Class <gray> = <8> is not available
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 02:09:51 PM »
Oryk,

Color Class <gray> = <8> is not available. I hit key <8>, but the bar changes to <blue>. If I click on the color bar I can not select <gray> as well.

I cannot reproduce this problem on my system.  Please explain what I have to do to get this to happen.

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 02:51:10 PM »
Oryk,

I cannot reproduce this problem on my system.  Please explain what I have to do to get this to happen.

-Kirk

Kirk,

I have a solution for this problem: I have to fill out a correlative description for Color Class <7> in <General Prefernces>. Now I can use Color Class <8>. I can not leave <7> blanc to use <8>.

That's odd to PM 4.5.4 .

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 02:52:57 PM by oryk »
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 08:40:14 AM »
Oryk,

-Kirk

Kirk,

I have a solution for this problem: I have to fill out a correlative description for Color Class <7> in <General Prefernces>. Now I can use Color Class <8>. I can not leave <7> blanc to use <8>.

I tried leaving color class 7 blank and all others with some sort of text.  I can set any one of the color classes just fine, including the blank one.  I see no bugs in this regard.

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 12:53:52 PM »
Oryk,

-Kirk

Kirk,

I tried leaving color class 7 blank and all others with some sort of text.  I can set any one of the color classes just fine, including the blank one.  I see no bugs in this regard.

-Kirk

Kirk,

did you leave color class 8 blank as well ?

Paradoxically on my iMAC I don't have this problem (same OS, Intel as well).

What can I do ? Can I use a logging version ?
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »
Oryk,

I made 7 and 8 both blank and I can still set any color class I want, including 7 or 8.  I'm not sure what I would log.  What exactly happens when you try to set the color class to one of the blank ones?  Are you using the popup menu that appears when you click on the color class area on the thumbnail?  Or are you using the menus on the menu bar or some other keyboard shortcut?

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 02:35:25 PM »
Oryk,

I made 7 and 8 both blank and I can still set any color class I want, including 7 or 8.  I'm not sure what I would log.  What exactly happens when you try to set the color class to one of the blank ones?  Are you using the popup menu that appears when you click on the color class area on the thumbnail?  Or are you using the menus on the menu bar or some other keyboard shortcut?

-Kirk

Kirk,

I can set Color Class 7, but not 8. If I make 6,7 and 8 all blank I can not set 7 and 8.
Using the popup menu does not work. Using the menus on the menu bar does not work. Keyboard shortcut does not work.
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 03:21:24 PM »
Oryk,

I can set Color Class 7, but not 8. If I make 6,7 and 8 all blank I can not set 7 and 8.
Using the popup menu does not work. Using the menus on the menu bar does not work. Keyboard shortcut does not work.

When you say that it doesn't work, what do you mean?  Does the color class change to the incorrect color?  Does it just refuse to change?

Can you post a screen shot of the General tab of the Preferences dialog, please?

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 10:53:24 PM »
Oryk,

When you say that it doesn't work, what do you mean?  Does the color class change to the incorrect color?  Does it just refuse to change?

Can you post a screen shot of the General tab of the Preferences dialog, please?

-Kirk

Kirk,

it refuses to change.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:18:47 AM by oryk »
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 04:24:51 AM »
Oryk,

-Kirk

Kirk,

it refuses to change.

Kirk,

now I think I have sorted it out. I switched in <IPTC/XMP-Preferences> to <Read embeded IPTC before XMP> for JPEG, TIFF, PSD, DNG photos. Now I can select every Color Class.
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 03:10:59 PM »
Oryk,

now I think I have sorted it out. I switched in <IPTC/XMP-Preferences> to <Read embeded IPTC before XMP> for JPEG, TIFF, PSD, DNG photos. Now I can select every Color Class.

That explains it.  In XMP color labels are based on their name and not a value like 0-9.  Can I ask why you need to have color classes with no label?  If you need to work with Bridge or Lightroom then your labels aren't going to be visible in those applications.

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 12:06:06 AM »
Oryk,

That explains it.  In XMP color labels are based on their name and not a value like 0-9.  Can I ask why you need to have color classes with no label?  If you need to work with Bridge or Lightroom then your labels aren't going to be visible in those applications.

-Kirk

Kirk,

I just want to lable my monochrome pictures grey. Anyway !
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 08:02:20 AM »
Oryk,

I just want to lable my monochrome pictures grey. Anyway !

OK, so make the color be grey and set the label to "Gray" and then you can set the color class and have it work in other applications.

-Kirk