Author Topic: lightbox for conferences  (Read 2628 times)

Offline jmann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
lightbox for conferences
« on: May 22, 2007, 05:25:21 AM »
Hi,

I am a picture editor for a small daily tabloid in Oxford, UK. Currently we have an antiquated system to archive photos, and the only way we can show photos in conference is using hard copy print outs.

Do any of y'all know a way to send a selection of photos to different editions (we have 8 weeklies) and then show the photos like a light box feature at conference.

I was thinking if I could get the entire paper using photo mechanic, I could just copy the photos in the allocated folders on the server, then bring up the daily pictures in conference for a slide show.

Just wondering if there is a 1) drag and drop method to copy into alternative folders or 2) way to send a 'lightbox' to my editors for conference?

Thanks -
Jessica

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: lightbox for conferences
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 06:49:46 AM »
Jessica,

I am a picture editor for a small daily tabloid in Oxford, UK. Currently we have an antiquated system to archive photos, and the only way we can show photos in conference is using hard copy print outs.

Do any of y'all know a way to send a selection of photos to different editions (we have 8 weeklies) and then show the photos like a light box feature at conference.

I was thinking if I could get the entire paper using photo mechanic, I could just copy the photos in the allocated folders on the server, then bring up the daily pictures in conference for a slide show.

Just wondering if there is a 1) drag and drop method to copy into alternative folders or 2) way to send a 'lightbox' to my editors for conference?

You can indeed drag and drop copy from a Contact Sheet window to another folder on your system or currently connected server volumes.  Later in your conference you could browse the destination folder with Photo Mechanic which would allow you to run a slide show or just use the Preview window.  Another way would be to use PM to Export one of the Flash-based HTML galleries: for instance the AutoViewer gallery will run a slide show on any capable web browser.

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask further questions.

-Kirk