Author Topic: can't print on mac  (Read 3785 times)

Offline rjp

• View Profile
can't print on mac
« on: March 19, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
Is there something I have to do in order to be able to print with version 4.6 on a mac?

I see "print" listed in the menu, and it is not grayed out, but when I select it nothing happens. No print dialog box pops up.

Nothing is spooled to my printer.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: can't print on mac
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »
Is there something I have to do in order to be able to print with version 4.6 on a mac?

I see "print" listed in the menu, and it is not grayed out, but when I select it nothing happens. No print dialog box pops up.

Select the photos you wish to print first then select the Print command from the File menu.

-Kirk

Offline rjp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:13 AM »

Select the photos you wish to print first then select the Print command from the File menu.

-Kirk

So far I tried two ways to print:

(1) opened an image using the magnifying glass (preview?) and then selected print while viewing it large.
(2) clicked on an image on a contact sheet to highlight it and then selected print.

Neither of these work. Am I missing a step?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:55:23 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 09:56:33 AM »

-Kirk

(1) opened an image using the magnifying glass (preview?) and then selected print while viewing it large.
(2) clicked on an image on a contact sheet to highlight it and then selected print.

No, that should do it.  You're not seeing the Print job dialog come up after that?  Maybe try bringing up Page Setup first and then try Printing.

-Kirk

Offline rjp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »

-Kirk

No, that should do it.  You're not seeing the Print job dialog come up after that?  Maybe try bringing up Page Setup first and then try Printing.

-Kirk

That did it. After bringing up page setup I can now print from the contact sheet. The prints come out small (2x3 maybe). I assume there is a way to print them larger that I just didn't find yet.

I still can not print when viewing large in preview, and "page setup" is grayed out at that time. Only "print" is black.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 12:19:27 PM »

-Kirk

That did it. After bringing up page setup I can now print from the contact sheet. The prints come out small (2x3 maybe). I assume there is a way to print them larger that I just didn't find yet.

Try printing a Proof instead of a Contact Sheet (just click on the tabs at the top of the Print window).  Or choose fewer thumbnails per page and they'll get larger.

-Kirk