Author Topic: Full resolution in a custom html template?  (Read 2614 times)

Offline dmdeckbar

• View Profile
Full resolution in a custom html template?
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:38:45 AM »
Dear Kirk, Dear PM User,

I am trying to get a full PM Workflow for my needs.

What I had for my IView Media Pro Workflow was a customized HTML Webpage with a HighRes Download Button.

This was a perfect way to transfer pictures to a client.

We are trying to built the same for PM and have problems.

Is it possible to include and access the images in full resolution in a custom html template?

Are there amy of you having this ?

Kind regards Dirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Full resolution in a custom html template?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 06:39:19 AM »
Dirk,

What I had for my IView Media Pro Workflow was a customized HTML Webpage with a HighRes Download Button.

This was a perfect way to transfer pictures to a client.

We are trying to built the same for PM and have problems.

Is it possible to include and access the images in full resolution in a custom html template?

In the Exporter dialog are you trying to use the "HTML Template Exporter" with your own customized HTML?  Or are you trying to use a different pre-defined template from the "Selected Template" popup menu?

-Kirk

Offline dmdeckbar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 02:07:59 AM »
I'm using an own customized html template which I select in the HTML Template Export details pane.

Are there any more detailed documentation ?

Kind regards

Dirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 06:30:40 AM »
Dirk,

I'm using an own customized html template which I select in the HTML Template Export details pane.

Are there any more detailed documentation ?

In the Extras folder (sitting next to the application) there is a folder named "HTML Template Docs" which contains full cross-linked documentation for the HTML Template Export feature.  It doesn't currently support the inclusion of the full size images.  Even if it were to support full size images, RAW files could not be displayed on the user's browser so they would have to be converted to JPEGs or the full size image could be extracted from the RAW file's embedded JPEG preview, but sometimes they're not much more than half size (depending on the camera).

Do you only work with JPEGs?  If you were to only use JPEGs then you could set the Preview Max. Width and Max. Height to the largest dimension of your JPEGs and you'd get full size Previews.

-Kirk