Author Topic: contact sheet suddenly gives me only part of each image opened - ??  (Read 2088 times)

Offline vivimoos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
old-timer using photo mechanic for years - suddenly the images only open partially - obviously not fitting into the format. The size is 25% and I can't seem to be able to reduce it more.  Then when I open it in photoshop by clicking on "edit" the image opens up normally and it is 12.5%. So, what is going on - and how can I get photo mechanic to open up the images as 12.5% and how did this suddenly change? I have checked all thru the preferences and don't see command that would apply to this.   NEED HELP PLEASE - ASAP.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: contact sheet suddenly gives me only part of each image opened - ??
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 04:57:44 PM »
old-timer using photo mechanic for years - suddenly the images only open partially - obviously not fitting into the format. The size is 25% and I can't seem to be able to reduce it more.  Then when I open it in photoshop by clicking on "edit" the image opens up normally and it is 12.5%. So, what is going on - and how can I get photo mechanic to open up the images as 12.5% and how did this suddenly change? I have checked all thru the preferences and don't see command that would apply to this.   NEED HELP PLEASE - ASAP.

Is this a problem in Photoshop or a problem in Photo Mechanic?  Post a screen shot if you think this will help explain things better.

I can tell you that PM has never had any ability to preset a zoom percentage as 12.5%.  It sounds like to me that you have enabled the Zoom mode in the Preview window and have it set to show your images at 25%.  If that is the case, just un-check the Zoom mode (press the 'z' key to toggle) and you should be back in the size to fit mode again (which may end up being 12.5% for your size of image versus your Preview window size.)

HTH,

-Kirk