Author Topic: Delete key not working  (Read 5741 times)

Offline puzzlecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Delete key not working
« on: July 17, 2006, 12:15:52 PM »
I'm on a Dual PowerPC G5 Mac, with OSX v. 10.4.7. My question is regarding PhotoMechanic v. 4.4.3.

Suddenly the delete key has stopped responding in PM. I can right click and delete, but the delete key doesn't do anything. It works fine in other applications.

PM crashed yesterday and I couldn't get the process to stop, no matter what (I tried every possible method of Force Quit), and I had to reboot my computer --- using the power supply switch --- in order to get PM to stop. Could that be why I'm having this problem with the delete key now? Do I need to reinstall the program?

Thanks for any help you can offer. I love the application in general.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Delete key not working
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »
I'm on a Dual PowerPC G5 Mac, with OSX v. 10.4.7. My question is regarding PhotoMechanic v. 4.4.3.

Suddenly the delete key has stopped responding in PM. I can right click and delete, but the delete key doesn't do anything. It works fine in other applications.

PM crashed yesterday and I couldn't get the process to stop, no matter what (I tried every possible method of Force Quit), and I had to reboot my computer --- using the power supply switch --- in order to get PM to stop. Could that be why I'm having this problem with the delete key now? Do I need to reinstall the program?

No need to reinstall the program.  It wouldn't make much difference since Photo Mechanic doesn't have an "installer" on the Mac platform.

I'd start by checking out the Console log for any messages pertaining to Photo Mechanic.  If you see anything there then please forward the messages to me.

If you need more help or have no idea what the Console log is, please contact me privately and I'd be happy to call you.

-Kirk

Offline puzzlecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 12:29:54 PM »
Thanks for the very quick answer, Kirk.

I just discovered that the delete key does work in Preview, but not in Contact Sheet. Maybe it has never worked in Contact Sheets, and I just prematurely freaked out when I couldn't delete from that area ;-)

Please let me know if the delete key should work from within the Contact Sheet area. I do not get any error messages. The key just doesn't work.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »
Thanks for the very quick answer, Kirk.

I just discovered that the delete key does work in Preview, but not in Contact Sheet. Maybe it has never worked in Contact Sheets, and I just prematurely freaked out when I couldn't delete from that area ;-)

Please let me know if the delete key should work from within the Contact Sheet area. I do not get any error messages. The key just doesn't work.

You need to type Command-Delete in the Contact Sheet.  The Delete key by itself works on a single selection (just like it does in the Preview window.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline puzzlecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

You need to type Command-Delete in the Contact Sheet.  The Delete key by itself works on a single selection (just like it does in the Preview window.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Yup, that's just what I needed. Thanks!

Amy

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 08:21:30 PM »
Kirk - This is new - that we need to hit [ctrl]-[del] to delete multiple files in contacts? I'm pretty sure I never needed to do that before.

Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 09:56:27 PM »
Joe,

Kirk - This is new - that we need to hit [ctrl]-[del] to delete multiple files in contacts? I'm pretty sure I never needed to do that before.

I'll assume that you are testing the 4.4.3.3 beta.  It has been addressed and will work the way it used to in the final release.

-Kirk