Author Topic: IPTC Stationary Pad changes  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Wiegele

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Stationary Pad changes
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »
Using MAC OSX 10.4.11 & PM 4.6. I tag my images with only Keyword & Object Name & Photographer. I do this as a batch selection & also individually using the left/right save options. Then next time I go into the program, random images have been renamed! I downloaded the public beta 4.6.1 version - not sure if this is my resolution due to the warning it opened with. Please advise - before I spend valuable time correcting and renaming my images.
Thank you - Maria

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad changes
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 10:49:46 AM »
Maria,

Using MAC OSX 10.4.11 & PM 4.6. I tag my images with only Keyword & Object Name & Photographer. I do this as a batch selection & also individually using the left/right save options. Then next time I go into the program, random images have been renamed! I downloaded the public beta 4.6.1 version - not sure if this is my resolution due to the warning it opened with. Please advise - before I spend valuable time correcting and renaming my images.

Do you mean that the filenames of the images have spontaneously changed, or are you saying that some IPTC fields have been renamed?

-Kirk

Offline Wiegele

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:32:30 AM »
I mean that the IPTC fields change. They are changed to other stored " object names" & "keywords" I have saved in my edit list.   For example In the Object Name field I tag it as "powder shot" . I search for it under this tag. It doesnt show up. I find it manually and the Object Name has somehow been changed to "mountain", which is a saved object name in the list.
Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 02:47:55 PM »
Maria,

I mean that the IPTC fields change. They are changed to other stored " object names" & "keywords" I have saved in my edit list.   For example In the Object Name field I tag it as "powder shot" . I search for it under this tag. It doesnt show up. I find it manually and the Object Name has somehow been changed to "mountain", which is a saved object name in the list.

I suggest you try the 4.6.1 beta, and if it doesn't fix your problem then let me know how I can reproduce the problem and I will get it fixed.

-Kirk

Offline Wiegele

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:02:23 PM »
Multiple issues now... Was using Beta version as suggested. Again, keywords and object names changing randomly on some (not all)images.  Then today, can't launch Photo Mechanic - it says "this beta of PM has expired" . I only downloaded it last week. Please advise.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 03:16:27 PM »
Multiple issues now... Was using Beta version as suggested. Again, keywords and object names changing randomly on some (not all)images.  Then today, can't launch Photo Mechanic - it says "this beta of PM has expired" . I only downloaded it last week. Please advise.

The beta has since been updated.  Get the latest version from the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk

Offline Wiegele

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 01:12:41 PM »
I downloaded the updated version except it says it has an expiry date of April 19.  What then?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 02:07:41 PM »
I downloaded the updated version except it says it has an expiry date of April 19.  What then?

We'll either have a new beta with an expiration date further into the future, or we'll have a final 4.6.1 release version out by then.

-Kirk