Author Topic: file numbering during ingest  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Dale Young

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
file numbering during ingest
« on: March 12, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »
When ingesting contents of cards with v4.6.6 on my MBP, I've been getting duplicate sequential numbers that PM ends-up adding a letter to.  This happens when I shoot the first half of a game and ingest those images, then return at the end of the game and ingest the rest of the take into the same folder.  What gives?  Is PM somehow doing some kind of auto-reset on the sequence numbers?  It really looks more like it's losing track of the numbers already assigned to the files.

thanks,
Dale Young

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: file numbering during ingest
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 09:35:08 AM »
This is a bug in 4.6.6

Check the announcement-thread here for the beta-version. http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=6194.msg28467#new

Code: [Select]
* Fixed an issue with the use of {seqn} in Ingest and having the sequence number reset.
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:43:13 AM »
Dale,

When ingesting contents of cards with v4.6.6 on my MBP, I've been getting duplicate sequential numbers that PM ends-up adding a letter to.  This happens when I shoot the first half of a game and ingest those images, then return at the end of the game and ingest the rest of the take into the same folder.  What gives?  Is PM somehow doing some kind of auto-reset on the sequence numbers?  It really looks more like it's losing track of the numbers already assigned to the files.

The 4.6.7 beta (see the Announcements section for the description of the beta and download links) solve this issue.

-Kirk

Offline Dale Young

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:22:03 AM »
Thanks guys,  I've got an intern running my computer this weekend at the NCAAs in Tampa, and don't want to throw him any more curves than necessary.  That should help a lot!
Dale