Author Topic: Geotags in PM 4.6.4  (Read 3699 times)

Offline anna

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Geotags in PM 4.6.4
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help?  I'm using PM 4.6.4 on Windows, and tagging a number of photos from various trips. The pictures are in different folders (eg based on date of import etc), but may be of the same location - is there an easy way to use the same geotag info?  eg like some favourite places?  Or do I need to go to image (or groups of images) and select set GPS co-ordinates each time.  This seems like a long winded way round, so I wasn't sure if I'd missed a trick.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Geotags in PM 4.6.4
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 10:37:26 AM »
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help?  I'm using PM 4.6.4 on Windows, and tagging a number of photos from various trips. The pictures are in different folders (eg based on date of import etc), but may be of the same location - is there an easy way to use the same geotag info?  eg like some favourite places?  Or do I need to go to image (or groups of images) and select set GPS co-ordinates each time.  This seems like a long winded way round, so I wasn't sure if I'd missed a trick.

Are you finding GPS coordinates on a map or are you importing a GPS log file?

-Kirk

Offline anna

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »
I'm not importing from a gps log - is this where I'm going wrong?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 01:59:47 PM »
I'm not importing from a gps log - is this where I'm going wrong?

No, not at all.  You can just as well pick locations on a map.

I'd suggest opening all images with similar locations into a single contact sheet tab.  You can do this from the Navigator.  Just right-click on a folder and choose to add the folder to the current contact sheet.  Then go through your images, selecting all images that were shot at a particular location and Set GPS Coordinates on each group.  This should save a lot of time over setting coordinates individually.

-Kirk