Author Topic: "Printer" button missing on Page Setup in Vista  (Read 9349 times)

Offline rswinter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
"Printer" button missing on Page Setup in Vista
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:37:51 PM »
Hi,   I have PM 4.6 installed on a Desktop WinXPsp2 and a Laptop VistaHomePrem.   When I goto "Page Setup" on the XP box, I see the printer and can change quality settings and all that normal stuff.    When I go to the Vista Laptop, that button is not there.  Is there something about Vista that doesn't work this way?  I've tried re-installing and no go.

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "Printer" button missing on Page Setup in Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:49:40 PM »
Hi,   I have PM 4.6 installed on a Desktop WinXPsp2 and a Laptop VistaHomePrem.   When I goto "Page Setup" on the XP box, I see the printer and can change quality settings and all that normal stuff.    When I go to the Vista Laptop, that button is not there.  Is there something about Vista that doesn't work this way?  I've tried re-installing and no go.

Well, that's odd.  We didn't create that dialog.  It is supplied by the OS.  Why the printer button is no longer there, is something I cannot explain.  Perhaps your printer's driver needs to be updated?

-Kirk

Offline rswinter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »
Ok.. I'll see about the driver, printer settings and check some other Apps and see if they do the same thing...

Thanks!

Offline rswinter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »
Ok.. I found a number of notes out on the web that this was an "undocumented" change with Vista.  I had been relatively happy with Vista up until now...

Any chance you could add a "Select Printer" option to the menu in a future update?

Thanks.

-S

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:16:44 PM »
Ok.. I found a number of notes out on the web that this was an "undocumented" change with Vista.  I had been relatively happy with Vista up until now...

Any chance you could add a "Select Printer" option to the menu in a future update?

I'm not sure what API call (to get the system to bring up the printer chooser dialog) would do that.  I'd have to research it.

-Kirk