Author Topic: Problems with FTP in version 4.61  (Read 5423 times)

Offline ebmarketa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problems with FTP in version 4.61
« on: March 30, 2009, 08:47:03 AM »
Hello,

The beta version no longer creates a dated folder when I ftp my files, even though I have it selected in settings. When I try to use the variable {today} in the destination path, it creates a folder named {today}. Just reporting what I think is a bug.

Thanks,

Marketa

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problems with FTP in version 4.61
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:35:12 AM »
Marketa,

The beta version no longer creates a dated folder when I ftp my files, even though I have it selected in settings. When I try to use the variable {today} in the destination path, it creates a folder named {today}. Just reporting what I think is a bug.

Is this the 03/28/2009 4.6.1 beta version?

-Kirk

Offline ebmarketa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 06:34:22 AM »
No, it is the 3/31 version - just expired today.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:37:37 AM »
Marketa,

No, it is the 3/31 version - just expired today.

Please try the 03/28/2009 version, available in the Announcements section.  Please report back your results of testing your issue.  We believe that the issue should be fixed already in the latest beta.

-Kirk

Offline ebmarketa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:45:38 AM »
Hello,

I just tried it with the newest beta version. Despite telling it to upload to a dated folder, it just uploads to the main directory. When I tried the {today} variable, it created a folder named "4" and put the files there. I then tried {yr2}{month0}{day0} and it said the files were transferred but I could not find the folder at all.

Marketa

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 06:17:37 PM »
Marketa,

I just tried it with the newest beta version. Despite telling it to upload to a dated folder, it just uploads to the main directory. When I tried the {today} variable, it created a folder named "4" and put the files there. I then tried {yr2}{month0}{day0} and it said the files were transferred but I could not find the folder at all.

We are unable to reproduce the problem on our end.  Variables are expanding correctly and the proper path is being created on our server.  We're going to need to get a complete set of steps, (screenshots would be helpful) and possibly have access to your server.

-Kirk

Offline ebmarketa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 07:35:42 PM »
I found out that everything works correctly if I use the variable {todaysort}. Maybe that's what the program expects when upload to dated folder is selected?

Thanks,

Marketa

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 07:54:44 PM »
Marketa,

I found out that everything works correctly if I use the variable {todaysort}. Maybe that's what the program expects when upload to dated folder is selected?

We find that your example {yr2}{month0}{day0} works fine as well.  Does that example persist in not working for you?

-Kirk

Offline ebmarketa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 05:19:51 AM »
I am still having some strange problems. This week I was uploading jpg and one pdf files, using the {todaysort} variable. It created two directories on the server - one with correct date that contained the jpg files and one named {todaysort} which contained the pdf file. I'll experiment some more next time I have to upload.

Thanks,

Marketa

Offline ebmarketa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 09:02:57 AM »
I experimented some more. The problem seems specific to pdf files - no matter what variable string I use PM creates a directory with the name of variable string and puts the pdf there. The only way I found for PM 4.6 to behave like PM 4.5 is to enter today's date manually and then all files will transfer correctly.

Marketa

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 11:00:19 AM »
Marketa,

I experimented some more. The problem seems specific to pdf files - no matter what variable string I use PM creates a directory with the name of variable string and puts the pdf there. The only way I found for PM 4.6 to behave like PM 4.5 is to enter today's date manually and then all files will transfer correctly.

PDF is not a file format that we handle/parse for metadata, so variables won't evaluate.  The same thing would happen with a text file for instance.

-Kirk