Author Topic: Adding creator "photoshop" to my .jpg - files  (Read 2416 times)

Offline photostrupp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Christian Strupp Photographer
Adding creator "photoshop" to my .jpg - files
« on: March 30, 2009, 09:45:53 AM »
Hi,

there is a strange problem, I need help for. Let me just describe the workflow:
I shot with Nikon D700, JPEG, large, fine - which is good for the stock agency I work with.
90% of the pictures will be uploaded without editing in Photoshop, they get only IPTC-Data with PM 4.5.4.
I upload with PM, but same problem shows up with FileZilla.

After uploading to the server of the stock, their stock software does not recognize my pics as pics. The editor first must open them with Photoshop and save it again.
Well, the loss of quaility may be tolerably and the work itself can be done by batch, but it is not really streamlined workflow.
The stock folks work with iView, but I would not like to work with something other than PM.

Is there a way to write "Photoshop" as creator into the files?

Thanks and Regards
Christian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adding creator "photoshop" to my .jpg - files
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:41:36 AM »
Christian,

there is a strange problem, I need help for. Let me just describe the workflow:
I shot with Nikon D700, JPEG, large, fine - which is good for the stock agency I work with.
90% of the pictures will be uploaded without editing in Photoshop, they get only IPTC-Data with PM 4.5.4.
I upload with PM, but same problem shows up with FileZilla.

After uploading to the server of the stock, their stock software does not recognize my pics as pics. The editor first must open them with Photoshop and save it again.
Well, the loss of quaility may be tolerably and the work itself can be done by batch, but it is not really streamlined workflow.
The stock folks work with iView, but I would not like to work with something other than PM.

Is there a way to write "Photoshop" as creator into the files?

FTP servers don't preserve the Finder's creator type or file type information.  The people on the other end need to tell the Finder to treat all JPEG images as being handled/created by Photoshop.  They can do this by selecting a single JPEG in the Finder, choosing Get Info from the File menu, and then in the Info panel, under the 'Open with:' section, choose 'Adobe Photoshop' and then click on the 'Change All...' button.  From then on, any JPEG image will appear to be a Photoshop document.

HTH,

-Kirk