Author Topic: Fast captioning of boys, girls and mixed in tennis  (Read 4155 times)

Offline mervifwdc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Merv Colton Photography
Fast captioning of boys, girls and mixed in tennis
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:25:30 AM »
Hi,

I want to capture in a field the word "boys", "girls" or "mixed" for captioning tennis photos, and even for renaming them to have the gender as part of the file name. (to allow searching by file name in ExpressDigital).

I'm currently using a field (Instructions) which I have set up with a drop down of boy, girl and mixed.

What I was thinking of was to use the color ratings, and have one for boys, two for girls and three for mixed, and this way I could set the number on an image without having to even leave the image - which would be super and fast.

what am wondering is, is there a way I can rename to "boys" from 1, "girls" from 2 etc?  in other words, translate from a set of ratings to a set of descriptions?

Merv.
Warning: Spell Checker disabled. Granma may be erotic.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Fast captioning of boys, girls and mixed in tennis
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »
Merv,

I want to capture in a field the word "boys", "girls" or "mixed" for captioning tennis photos, and even for renaming them to have the gender as part of the file name. (to allow searching by file name in ExpressDigital).

I'm currently using a field (Instructions) which I have set up with a drop down of boy, girl and mixed.

What I was thinking of was to use the color ratings, and have one for boys, two for girls and three for mixed, and this way I could set the number on an image without having to even leave the image - which would be super and fast.

what am wondering is, is there a way I can rename to "boys" from 1, "girls" from 2 etc?  in other words, translate from a set of ratings to a set of descriptions?

Sure. In the General tab of the Preferences dialog, set the Color Class labels to "boys", "girls", etc.  Then assign color classes to your photos as you work through them.  Then when you rename, use the {colorclass} variable and your files will have the words "boys", "girls", etc. in them.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline mervifwdc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Merv Colton Photography
Re: Fast captioning of boys, girls and mixed in tennis
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »
Cracking plan!

And by doing my courts using the directory structures in the camera, I'm well sorted!

Thanks!

And have a good weekend.

Merv.
Warning: Spell Checker disabled. Granma may be erotic.