Author Topic: PhotoMechanic 4.6 Auto-Completion  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Sir Freejack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PhotoMechanic 4.6 Auto-Completion
« on: April 03, 2009, 02:18:19 AM »
I had read in the current feature list and some forum entries from Kirk what the 4.6 version is the first with auto-completion.
Just type the first few letters of a keyword in the field, the rest of the word will automatically completed, without use the mouse at all.

But this doesn´t work in my pm. I fill in some example keywords in different IPTC-Lists and Keyword-Masterlist. After that I type the
first letters in the fields (e.g. Caption Writer or Keywords) but, nothing happened. No completion.

What have I made wrong?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: PhotoMechanic 4.6 Auto-Completion
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 05:39:55 AM »
Have you enabled the corresponding options in Edit|Settings|Set Autocomplete…?
Here you can turn on/off autocompletion, or even specify where the autocomplete suggestions should come from.

Hope this helps,

Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Sir Freejack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 05:57:53 AM »
you are right - this helps! Thanks a lot!
I´m new in PhotoMechanic and looked in the preferences dialog to find an auto-completion setting.
The Edit/Setting - menu I never realized before.

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »
I find this feature is not 100% reliable - sometimes it autocompletes and sometimes it doesn't.  It's not exactly predictable, but seems to fail more often on my much slower MacBook Air than on the Mac Pro.  Could that fact be relevant?  How much processor does it need?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 05:42:17 PM »
Sam,

I find this feature is not 100% reliable - sometimes it autocompletes and sometimes it doesn't.  It's not exactly predictable, but seems to fail more often on my much slower MacBook Air than on the Mac Pro.  Could that fact be relevant?  How much processor does it need?

It shouldn't matter how fast or slow your system is.  If anything, typing should get sluggish if your system is slower.  Can you give me examples where it would fail?  What dialog are you in when it fails to work correctly?

-Kirk