Author Topic: Image Color correction panel as in aperture or iphoto included in PM  (Read 5154 times)

Offline gianca49

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • fotoswiss.com
As a pressphotographer I need to work fast. My wish is to have an image correction as in aperture or iphoto. so I do not have to change to another editor and then export images back. PM could ask an additional price for that. kind of plug-in. My workflow after shooting requires quick check of images, cropping, quick color correctios white balance,other corrections, renaming, iptc captioning etc. and uploading by ftp or to photoshelter. I loose too much time loading to photoshop or aperture or iphoto and then exporting back.
thank you for considering this wish.
regards from switzerland
giancarlo
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:10:10 AM by gianca49 »

Offline andrewross

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Image Color correction panel as in aperture or iphoto included in PM
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 02:58:11 AM »
I think I'm in the same boat as you as I feel a lot of time is lost having to go through PS et. al. just to use some really basic edit functions, I also have requested this in a post as a add-on app with basic edit functionality for arbitrary crop, but certainly was thinking it should include colour correction etc. This would also allow PM to still be "responsive"

I second that wish and I know many of my colleagues would echo that as well.

Please bring us some basic workflow editing needs!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:06:22 AM by andrewross »

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:27:17 PM »
Hi Andrew,

This is something that's been requested quite a few times here over the past few years. I really hope that they add it. Your idea of an add-on type plugin would satisfy those users who want to keep PhotoMechanic lean & mean whilst giving  the additional functionality to those of us that need it. Come on Kirk, we don't mind paying extra for that. ;-)

See you in Cannes, Andrew!

Cheers,

Paul Smith
http://www.featureflash.com

Offline andrewross

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 05:52:58 PM »
Hi Paul

Good to hear you're on the case Paul - professional as always! It looks like we will get that wish "sometime before version 5" so we can look forward to; a little less time editing and a little more time shooting, which ultimately really translates into; less time editing and more time in some bar!!!

See you Cannes side for sure, hopefully in the same bar!

Andrew