Author Topic: import/insert lists of participants at events into PM for quick assign to images  (Read 3217 times)

Offline gianca49

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • fotoswiss.com
hello PM team
as a pressphotographer I shoot many pictures during a sport event or any other events.
example during a 4 day golf tournament I have 4 x 800 images = 3200 images at the end.
(of course I delete the unusable ones and keep just a small number.)
my workflow is that I need to identify quickly the participants and to build up a certain amount of images a a participant so as to have a choice which one would suit for uploading to newspaper or magazine. when I see how many images I have from a participant then I can select and delete the bad or unusable ones.

I use PM for just over 1 year now.
In the past days I had to assign names to golf players on over 3000 images. it is quite tiresome. I use the structural keyword with the names saved in there. but I am rather slow like that. the inserting there is tiresome.

now my input:
usually I get a startlist from the committee of any event or I can download it from the internet. (130 names in golf tournaments)
at home I could create and load this list into PM and give it a name, example: masters2009
but before it comes to edit the images and put caption, title, keywords to the image it would be good to give some quick identifications to the images.
I would like to put a name to the images. then list them and only then when I see what I really have I would start editing caption and keywords and the rest.
how to make this?
I would like to have a drop down field in PM where I would activate the required list for the job, example: masters2009

then I select the images and I select from that activated list masters2009 the name or names I want to put into the images.
the name goes into a new field of PM. at the end I can search and list the images.
only then I would write the caption, titles etc and copy all to the images found and beeing of the same person.
and delete the ones I do not need.
I can have as many list as I want to make. I have to load or activate them in PM. it would be nice to be able to load them via an excel file or other.

is this something ?? do you understand what I mean ? if not et me know so I could clarify it more.

best regards out of switzerland
giancarlo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
giancarlo,

as a pressphotographer I shoot many pictures during a sport event or any other events.
example during a 4 day golf tournament I have 4 x 800 images = 3200 images at the end.
(of course I delete the unusable ones and keep just a small number.)
my workflow is that I need to identify quickly the participants and to build up a certain amount of images a a participant so as to have a choice which one would suit for uploading to newspaper or magazine. when I see how many images I have from a participant then I can select and delete the bad or unusable ones.

I use PM for just over 1 year now.
In the past days I had to assign names to golf players on over 3000 images. it is quite tiresome. I use the structural keyword with the names saved in there. but I am rather slow like that. the inserting there is tiresome.

now my input:
usually I get a startlist from the committee of any event or I can download it from the internet. (130 names in golf tournaments)
at home I could create and load this list into PM and give it a name, example: masters2009
but before it comes to edit the images and put caption, title, keywords to the image it would be good to give some quick identifications to the images.
I would like to put a name to the images. then list them and only then when I see what I really have I would start editing caption and keywords and the rest.
how to make this?
I would like to have a drop down field in PM where I would activate the required list for the job, example: masters2009

then I select the images and I select from that activated list masters2009 the name or names I want to put into the images.
the name goes into a new field of PM. at the end I can search and list the images.
only then I would write the caption, titles etc and copy all to the images found and beeing of the same person.
and delete the ones I do not need.
I can have as many list as I want to make. I have to load or activate them in PM. it would be nice to be able to load them via an excel file or other.

is this something ?? do you understand what I mean ? if not et me know so I could clarify it more.

You need to use the "Code Replacement" feature.  Please download the manual (4.5.x, sorry we don't have one for 4.6 yet) from our site and read about Code Replacement.  It should speed up your workflow significantly.

-Kirk