Author Topic: renaming files-proposing actual file name  (Read 4660 times)

Offline gianca49

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • fotoswiss.com
renaming files-proposing actual file name
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:11:26 AM »
hello usa
when I want to rename a file PM proposes always the last entry used on file  rename command which in most cases is useless.

it would be more useful if PM would propose the actual file name of the file to be renamed, so it is possible to apply also just small modifications.

is this an idea ?

regards
giancarlo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: renaming files-proposing actual file name
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:28:37 AM »
giancarlo,

when I want to rename a file PM proposes always the last entry used on file  rename command which in most cases is useless.

it would be more useful if PM would propose the actual file name of the file to be renamed, so it is possible to apply also just small modifications.

is this an idea ?

When renaming in bulk (as most people do) having the first selected filename as a starting point would not be very useful.  If you want to rename individual photos one by one, you can double-click on the filename portion of the thumbnail and rename there directly.  Pressing the Tab key will accept the rename and start a rename on the next photo.  Pressing the Return/Enter key will accept the new name.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: renaming files-proposing actual file name
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:11:03 PM »
And pressing Return/Enter also renames the selected image offering the actual filename to be used or being modified.

On my part I find it very useful that PM offers the last settings used for renaming more than one images.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com