Author Topic: Uploading to Zenfolio  (Read 6231 times)

Offline BobA

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Uploading to Zenfolio
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:48:55 PM »
1. I presume I first must log into zenfolio and create the gallery folder to where I want the photos uploaded
2. In PM 4.6, and after clicking on the upload icon, (in the connections setting screen, I used my zenfolio account name for the connection setting - myname.zenfolio.com), I have inserted my login [email address], password, and gallery folder name
3. click on send
4. error message - "unable to upload because: failed to create gallery named 'madrid'

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Uploading to Zenfolio
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:31:34 PM »
Bob,

1. I presume I first must log into zenfolio and create the gallery folder to where I want the photos uploaded
2. In PM 4.6, and after clicking on the upload icon, (in the connections setting screen, I used my zenfolio account name for the connection setting - myname.zenfolio.com), I have inserted my login [email address], password, and gallery folder name
3. click on send
4. error message - "unable to upload because: failed to create gallery named 'madrid'

Any suggestions?

Yes.  Get the 4.6.1 beta.  It has several improvements for the Zenfolio uploader.  You can get it from the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk

Offline mayhopkins19

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Uploading to Zenfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »
For the past couple of months, I have been unable to batch upload all my pictures using the standard WEB uploadier.  Prior to Dec, I had successful upload 72GB of pictures.  Now when I upload (usualy about 1GB or 250 pictures), it only gets through 30-50 pictures before I lose my internet connection and have to reset my modem.

Things I have tried

1) I have successfully uploaded the same batch of photos to another web site (seed was actually faster).

2) I have had Comcast out here twice checking my signal and connection.  It is fine.

3) I have removed the Zenfolio upload exploer adding to windows explorer and re downloaded it. No difference.

4) I have bypassed my Router and plugged my modem directly to the computer (same problem).

5) I have tried about 20 times over the past month hoping it would just get better.  It hasn't.

Now since I can upload to another site without a problem, I am guessing it is a Zenfolio problem.

Has anyone else had a problem like this in the past month or two?  Did zenfolio change there uploading S/W sometime in Nov or Dec?