Author Topic: shortcut in preview window to see crop  (Read 6874 times)

Offline broke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
shortcut in preview window to see crop
« on: July 24, 2008, 02:57:05 PM »
can a shortcut be considered to toggle the crop while in the preview window?

the thought is to offer a quick way to see how the crop will look with just one key.

perhaps pressing the spacebar might be a good candidate for a keyboard shortcut.

with this possible feature, while previewing a photo, pressing the spacebar quickly calls up a full screen version of the photo with the crop applied.

no need to fade/transitions, etc. it should behave very much like the larger preview thumbnail while in the caption editor, only in the preview window, it should be full screen photo with the crop applied.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: shortcut in preview window to see crop
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 06:27:14 AM »
I don't really need such feature but many of my colleagues have troubble seing how the cropped image would look and they allways keep asking me "ok, but show how the cropped image will be" as if applying the crop in PS would do.

So this feature would make sense for those not acustomed to the way PM works and shows crops now....and for those who want to show the images to them in PM as well...
,-))
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline kobold

• View Profile
    • foto-kobold.de
Re: shortcut in preview window to see crop
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 03:07:32 AM »
I agree, a feature to see the croped version in preview would be fine. Ether a shortkey or an option in preferences. At the moment I've to start a slideshow to see the croped version, right?

Offline kobold

• View Profile
    • foto-kobold.de
REFRESH: Re: shortcut in preview window to see crop
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 07:47:47 AM »
Little Refresh:

I really ask you to implement something to see the croped version of the image within the preview window (the shield option is not exactly what I'm looking for). Otherwise I've to start a full screen slideshow to view the croped images. And this is "painful" on a 26" display. I've to move back from my desktop for a better look & feel of a image on such a large display.

There is already a "Shield" checkmark, improve that to something like a multi select button/menu with these choices:
[ Shield ]
[ Croped ]
[ No Shield ] (or whatever)

And make this a saveable option, please.

I hope you are willing to implement this enhancement. Thank you very much.

Klaus

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: REFRESH: Re: shortcut in preview window to see crop
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:40:29 AM »
Klaus,

I really ask you to implement something to see the croped version of the image within the preview window (the shield option is not exactly what I'm looking for). Otherwise I've to start a full screen slideshow to view the croped images. And this is "painful" on a 26" display. I've to move back from my desktop for a better look & feel of a image on such a large display.

There is already a "Shield" checkmark, improve that to something like a multi select button/menu with these choices:
[ Shield ]
[ Croped ]

But how would this work in practice?  What if you wanted to adjust a crop you've already created, let's say to make it larger?  If the image is cropped off then how would one make it larger?  It sounds like the only way would be to turn off the "Cropped" option and then make the change, only to have to turn the option back on again.

What if we instead had an option to make the shield completely black so that you cannot see the image outside the crop at all?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:15:24 PM »
Klaus,

[ Shield ]
[ Croped ]

But how would this work in practice?  What if you wanted to adjust a crop you've already created, let's say to make it larger?  If the image is cropped off then how would one make it larger?  It sounds like the only way would be to turn off the "Cropped" option and then make the change, only to have to turn the option back on again.

What if we instead had an option to make the shield completely black so that you cannot see the image outside the crop at all?

-Kirk

I think he wants something like LightRoom has for cropping. You set the crop and the cropped version pops out to become the full image to apear. If you want to modify the crop, you press the crop key and the full image apears with the rectangle showing the crop.
This may be a solution but is harder to implement. The Current way is much easyer but less efficient for some. The total blackout option seems me a solution but I don't need this option at all.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline kobold

• View Profile
    • foto-kobold.de
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 02:19:35 PM »
Klaus,

-Kirk

I've no problem to change the "crop mode" to make modifications and change it back again, since I don't change the crop very often. But I preview the images very often and the shield shows still the whole image, even if it is dimmed a little bit.

Your suggestion to "blacking out" the shield sounds good, this is an option and I'd like to see it. Cool :-)