Author Topic: Add to ignore list ... problem  (Read 10226 times)

Offline Tiberius

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Add to ignore list ... problem
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:41:04 AM »
Dear Kirk,

every time, under winXP when I restart the 4.4.3.1, I get all the words already added to the ignore list in a previous session (IPTC panel) red underlined again.
BTW is it possible to have also an own personal list?

Sincerely Yours - Tiberius

PS Thanks for the User Manual!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Add to ignore list ... problem
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:19:56 PM »
Tiberius,

every time, under winXP when I restart the 4.4.3.1, I get all the words already added to the ignore list in a previous session (IPTC panel) red underlined again.
BTW is it possible to have also an own personal list?

Hmm...  They're not sticking for me either.

The words that you add to your custom dictionary do manage to stick around.  So you can always add them to the custom dictionary.

I'll look into the ignore list and see how that is handled and why it isn't persistent.

-Kirk

Offline Tiberius

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:33:21 PM »
...sorry but I don´t see any option for a "custom dictionary" either. only "corrections" and "ignore list".

and I have also problems to select in the Printer Settings under "Color match to" my own paper profiles (.icm) generated with x-rite - they just don´t appear!?!

Thanks in advance - Tiberius

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »
Tiberius,

...sorry but I don´t see any option for a "custom dictionary" either. only "corrections" and "ignore list".

Photo Mechanic creates the user dictionary in the following location (yours will be slightly different)

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Camera Bits, Inc.\Photo Mechanic

in a file called UserDictionary.dic

Check to see that the path has been created and that the file exists.  If it doesn't, then is there a permissions problem on your system?

Quote from: tiberius
and I have also problems to select in the Printer Settings under "Color match to" my own paper profiles (.icm) generated with x-rite - they just don´t appear!?!

It is likely that your profiles are not stored in the default location.  In the print dialog, you can click on the "More..." button to pick a folder containing your profiles.  If you do this and your profiles still don't show up, then I'll need a sample profile to take a look at and see why we don't "like it".

-Kirk

Offline Tiberius

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 11:52:23 PM »
Hello Kirk,

I have created the UserDictionary.dic file by hand and now it pops out as described. Basicaly we could define in the same place an IgnoreDictionary.dic file?!?

As addendum I attached the *.icm profile file created with x-rite pulse.

In the printing process under windowXP I don´t get the preview screen with the "softproof" button; is it available only for macs?

Sincerely Yours - Tiberius

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 07:16:03 AM »
Tiberius,

I have created the UserDictionary.dic file by hand and now it pops out as described. Basicaly we could define in the same place an IgnoreDictionary.dic file?!?

Something like that.  But I haven't been able to get the spell checker SDK to make the Ignore words persistent even for me.  I am in talks with the developer right now.  Nothing to report as yet.

As addendum I attached the *.icm profile file created with x-rite pulse.

Did you try using the "More..." button in the Printing dialog?

In the printing process under windowXP I don´t get the preview screen with the "softproof" button; is it available only for macs?

I don't know what you mean by "softproof" button, but if you mean the "Preview" button that appears in the Print Job dialog, then yes it is a Mac thing.

As for your profile, I analyzed it and found that it doesn't use a description tag that we know how to parse yet.  It uses a multilingual tag.  I have modified our code to use the filename of the profile as a last resort when we cannot extract the name from the profile itself.

What you would currently see for your profile is an item in the popup menu that is blank.  This will change in the next update to show the filename instead.

-Kirk

Offline Tiberius

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »
Hello Kirk,

yes I used the "More" button but ... regarding "my" printer profiles indeed I get a lot of blank positions in the popup menu. Could you please be so kind and suggest a workaround/patch solution until the next dump is ready.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day! - Tiberius

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 01:48:56 PM »
Tiberius,

yes I used the "More" button but ... regarding "my" printer profiles indeed I get a lot of blank positions in the popup menu. Could you please be so kind and suggest a workaround/patch solution until the next dump is ready.

Unless you can save your icc profiles out in an earlier format like 2.0 instead of 4.0 then there is no workaround until the next update.

-Kirk

Offline Tiberius

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 06:30:17 AM »
Kirk,

from the color management point of view don´t make any sense to regenerate profiles into a weaker, inconstant standard.

Thanks again for your attempt!

Yours - Tiberius

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 06:34:52 AM »
Tiberius,

from the color management point of view don´t make any sense to regenerate profiles into a weaker, inconstant standard.

Thanks again for your attempt!

Oh, it's not an attempt.  It is fully fixed for the next update.  There is just no current workaround.

-Kirk