Author Topic: GPS tagging  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Terence Dodge

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
GPS tagging
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:28:58 AM »
Greetings

So I ask this so as to know if it is possible. I have bought 4.6 ( upgraded ), I have been using HoudahGeo because it has offered a "manual way" to assign a single or multiple GPS coordinates via Google maps ( similar to your mapping ) via a movable "place maker" ( you do not have this, will you? ) that pulled the coordinates from Google and wrote them to the file(s) in question. PM 4.6 has the Google map but it just locates at this time what you have imported and placed via time syncing.

so will you add this feature do you think?

Manual resetting of GPS when I screw up or want to fiddle with coordinates.

I now have to open in HoudaGeo, locate, write to DNG/NEF, then open in PM and do the rest of what I use PM for, Keywording and triage.

Terence Dodge
OS is 10.5.6, PM is 4.5.4, 4gig ram

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: GPS tagging
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 11:48:21 AM »
Terence,

So I ask this so as to know if it is possible. I have bought 4.6 ( upgraded ), I have been using HoudahGeo because it has offered a "manual way" to assign a single or multiple GPS coordinates via Google maps ( similar to your mapping ) via a movable "place maker" ( you do not have this, will you? ) that pulled the coordinates from Google and wrote them to the file(s) in question. PM 4.6 has the Google map but it just locates at this time what you have imported and placed via time syncing.

so will you add this feature do you think?

The command is already there.  It is called "Set GPS Coordinates" and it is on the Image menu.

-Kirk