Author Topic: Not Able to Change Color Labels  (Read 4594 times)

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
Not Able to Change Color Labels
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:33:35 AM »
Hello,
I am having a problem not being able to change the Color Labels once one has been assigned. For instance, if I assign a Green Color Label to an image, then try to go back and remove or change it to another color, I am not able to reassign another label to it, it retains the first setting I applied and I cannot change it. This only happens with the Color Labels, not with Star Ratings. I AM able to change the stars to add, subtract, or remove them. I am working with a Mac Pro, 2 X 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon CPU with 8GB of RAM, Mac OS 10.5.6, PhotoMechanic version 4.6. Any assistance or recommendations you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy Daddio
--------------
Andrew Daddio
Photographic Services Coordinator
Colgate University
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, NY 13346
(315) 228-6670

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Not Able to Change Color Labels
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:28:47 AM »
Andy,

I am having a problem not being able to change the Color Labels once one has been assigned. For instance, if I assign a Green Color Label to an image, then try to go back and remove or change it to another color, I am not able to reassign another label to it, it retains the first setting I applied and I cannot change it. This only happens with the Color Labels, not with Star Ratings. I AM able to change the stars to add, subtract, or remove them. I am working with a Mac Pro, 2 X 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon CPU with 8GB of RAM, Mac OS 10.5.6, Photo Mechanic version 4.6. Any assistance or recommendations you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Please get the 4.6.1 beta 7 version of Photo Mechanic from the Announcements section of the forums.  It should solve this problem.

-Kirk

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:54:03 AM »
Hi Kirk,
I went to the page, but did not see a download for the Beta version. When I hit the link I only get an index, not a download of the new software. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Andy

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:56:23 AM »
Sorry, I found the link...

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:11:24 AM »
Curious about the disclaimer that opens up when I launch the Beta version. I'm using this for commercial purposes, and cannot duplicate the Gigs and Gigs of data that I need to work on,  but do need the functionality of being able to change the color labels... any advice?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 11:43:21 AM »
Andy,

Curious about the disclaimer that opens up when I launch the Beta version. I'm using this for commercial purposes, and cannot duplicate the Gigs and Gigs of data that I need to work on,  but do need the functionality of being able to change the color labels... any advice?

In this case, the beta is more stable than the 4.6.0 release.  Please use it for your work.

-Kirk

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:37:53 PM »
Thanks very much for your replies! Prompt and thorough as usual! Thanks Kirk!

P.S. I'm loving some of the new features in the latest version, kudos on another great improvement!

Sincerely,
Andy Daddio
-------------
Andrew Daddio
Photographic Services Coordinator
Colgate University
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, NY 13346
(315) 228-6670