Author Topic: Modifying the PM Classic export  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Modifying the PM Classic export
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:27:12 AM »
Kirk I just discovered the export function (yes I kow I'm slow) ::) Anyway this is saving me at least 50% of the effort and time! So now I'm going to be a little greedy and see if I can shave a few more seconds off the process.

Is there a way to change the 'thumbs' folder to "thumbnails"?

Is there a way of naming the images in the images folder so that they are {filenamebase}.jpg.jpg.jpg ? The thumbnails don't need to change their extensions.

I don't really care about the html as I am deleting it anyway. I' just looking to change the naming of the files and folders.

System is Windows Vista 64

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Modifying the PM Classic export
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:18:57 AM »
Hi Eric,

Kirk I just discovered the export function (yes I kow I'm slow) ::) Anyway this is saving me at least 50% of the effort and time! So now I'm going to be a little greedy and see if I can shave a few more seconds off the process.

Is there a way to change the 'thumbs' folder to "thumbnails"?

Is there a way of naming the images in the images folder so that they are {filenamebase}.jpg.jpg.jpg ? The thumbnails don't need to change their extensions.

I don't really care about the html as I am deleting it anyway. I' just looking to change the naming of the files and folders.

You could certainly make a copy of the template, modify it to suit your needs, and point PM to the parent folder of your copied template (in the Files tab of the Preferences dialog there is a button for assigning a user templates path).

The above requests should be possible.  I don't have any idea why you would want to name your images with three .jpg extensions, but that should be possible as well.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »
Kirk the .jpg.jpg.jpg is a remnant from the early days of our site. Each of the programs that touched the files appended a .jpg to the file as it worked its way through the process of being named, sized, and watermarked. The functions were written off shore and communications between us and our Asian programming friends was difficult at best. Anyway I need to keep the .jpg.jpg.jpg because of the way that the PHP code handled displaying the files. As of last week the section of code that was looking for the 3 jpg's has been rewritten to ignore the extension altogether.

I did d/l an editor and made 2 attempts to edit the PM Classic template. I'm not a programmer, I did get it to make the directory thumbnails instead of thumbs but the thumbnails directory is always empty.  Clearly I'm missing something along the way.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »
Eric,

Kirk the .jpg.jpg.jpg is a remnant from the early days of our site. Each of the programs that touched the files appended a .jpg to the file as it worked its way through the process of being named, sized, and watermarked. The functions were written off shore and communications between us and our Asian programming friends was difficult at best. Anyway I need to keep the .jpg.jpg.jpg because of the way that the PHP code handled displaying the files. As of last week the section of code that was looking for the 3 jpg's has been rewritten to ignore the extension altogether.

I did d/l an editor and made 2 attempts to edit the PM Classic template. I'm not a programmer, I did get it to make the directory thumbnails instead of thumbs but the thumbnails directory is always empty.  Clearly I'm missing something along the way.

If you send me your modified template file, I'll try and change it to meet your needs.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:04:40 AM »
Kirk I deleted the file as it wasn't working. The ONLY change I need to make is to have the "thumbs" directory be named "thumbnails".  I thought that I had it figured out yesterday, but I must have still been missing a line somewhere. It created the folder named thumbnails but the folder remained empty and the program ran S-L-O-W. I can send you the stock .rb file but I have the feeling that you may have it on your machine already  ;D