Author Topic: Preview thumbnail placement  (Read 6971 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Preview thumbnail placement
« on: July 20, 2006, 01:44:52 PM »
This may be picky but - In preview mode the thumbnail - on the bottom of the screen - of the image currently in view starts on the left and moves to the right as we scoll thru - then goes back to the left as a line of thumbnails is viewed . Can we anchor the current thumbnail to the center so that there are 2 or 3 prior to the left and 2 or 3 future to the right.
Also when I'm scrolling thru images I've already color coded it's hard for me to see the current color code. Is it possible to make the color code box larger or maybe a frame arount the image.

Reposted from support forum - this got no replies there.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview thumbnail placement
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »
This may be picky but - In preview mode the thumbnail - on the bottom of the screen - of the image currently in view starts on the left and moves to the right as we scoll thru - then goes back to the left as a line of thumbnails is viewed . Can we anchor the current thumbnail to the center so that there are 2 or 3 prior to the left and 2 or 3 future to the right.

It acts that way because it is really just a contact sheet and only scrolls vertically.  It would have to be changed to scroll horizontally.

Quote from: jasphoto
Also when I'm scrolling thru images I've already color coded it's hard for me to see the current color code. Is it possible to make the color code box larger or maybe a frame arount the image.

I won't make it a frame since a frame doesn't lend itself as a UI element (meaning it would be fairly hard to click on to set its value.)  How large would it need to be in order to be more visible?  Note that there is also a circular indicator in the thumbnail gallery at the bottom of the screen...

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »
Kirk - My thunbnails scroll horizontally in preview mode - as I switch from a large frame 1 to 2 the lighter grey box moves to the right to frame 2 and so on till I get to the extreme right then frames 1-6 disapear and frames 6-12 apear and the left most frame 7 is now light grey (Current). I guess my bigest complaint is theat it's like looking at cu negs - I can't see the thumbnails of frame 6 & 7 at the same time and it's hard to keep track of wether the next frame or the one after that was previously color coded or not because they seem to bounce around.
also on a similar note - I know I can see 2 frames side by side ( but I pick both) is it possible to see frame 1&2, then frame 2&3, then 3&4 so on & so on. then say I really like 5 - lock that on the left and keep scrolling just the right frame?
Thanks for your great program & SUPPORT & continued improvements.
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 09:15:05 PM »
Joe,

Kirk - My thunbnails scroll horizontally in preview mode - as I switch from a large frame 1 to 2 the lighter grey box moves to the right to frame 2 and so on till I get to the extreme right then frames 1-6 disapear and frames 6-12 apear and the left most frame 7 is now light grey (Current). I guess my bigest complaint is theat it's like looking at cu negs - I can't see the thumbnails of frame 6 & 7 at the same time and it's hard to keep track of wether the next frame or the one after that was previously color coded or not because they seem to bounce around.
also on a similar note - I know I can see 2 frames side by side ( but I pick both) is it possible to see frame 1&2, then frame 2&3, then 3&4 so on & so on. then say I really like 5 - lock that on the left and keep scrolling just the right frame?

The thumbnails do not scroll horizontally.  Just the hilight moves from selected thumbnail to selected thumbnail.  The thumbnails only scroll vertically.  If they were to scroll horizontally then there would be a horizontal scrollbar for you to control the scrolling.  Note that there is only a vertical scrollbar.

I agree that the current situation is not the best way to do it and that scrolling horizontally would be preferable.

-Kirk