Author Topic: Vista 64 Migration  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Vista 64 Migration
« on: April 27, 2009, 09:39:37 AM »
Hello Kirk,

Well I finally pulled the trigger and built a new machine. I am have a few growing pains along the way and am hoping that you can ease the PM ones. When I pop a card in to be read windows pops up a dialog box that says that says that the files may be corrupt and would I like to scan them yada yada yada. Well the files are NEVER corrupt and I'd love to be able to just have PM ingest without going through this box every time. Do you know how to by-pass this ?

This is a Vista 64 box.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Re: Vista 64 Migration
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:47:38 AM »
While I'm at it, is there an easy way to bring over all of the settings from the old machine? The stationary pad, the snapshots of the various settings for different renames etc??

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:07:54 PM »
Hello Kirk,

Well I finally pulled the trigger and built a new machine. I am have a few growing pains along the way and am hoping that you can ease the PM ones. When I pop a card in to be read windows pops up a dialog box that says that says that the files may be corrupt and would I like to scan them yada yada yada. Well the files are NEVER corrupt and I'd love to be able to just have PM ingest without going through this box every time. Do you know how to by-pass this ?

This is a Vista 64 box.

Our AutoPlay module won't get executed on Vista 64 for some reason we have been unable to figure out.  There may be a way to get Vista's AutoPlay to just ignore camera disks.  Try right-clicking on the device in Windows Explorer and choosing Properties from the contextual menu.  Then see if there is any AutoPlay setting you can change.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »
While I'm at it, is there an easy way to bring over all of the settings from the old machine? The stationary pad, the snapshots of the various settings for different renames etc??

If you use Photo Mechanic 4.6.1 you can export settings from the Preferences dialog on your old system and then import them in the Preferences dialog on the new system.  Only a single file is generated, containing all settings you have chosen.  Just copy it onto a flash drive or camera disk and transfer it over.

-Kirk