Author Topic: Opening Subfolders in Contact sheet problem  (Read 2894 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Opening Subfolders in Contact sheet problem
« on: May 03, 2009, 01:03:23 AM »
If I open into a contact sheet a folder having no images but only folders in it no images appear (as it should). But if I try to open the same folder and its subfolders Replacing current contact sheet I receive an error message saying:
"One or more of the folders in the subfolder scan are already open as a contact sheet. Operation cancelled."

By my understanding this should not work this way. Instead the folder and subfolders I selected should in deed replace the currently open stuff (that in most of my cases means an ampty contact sheet).
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Opening Subfolders in Contact sheet problem
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 08:45:13 AM »
If I open into a contact sheet a folder having no images but only folders in it no images appear (as it should). But if I try to open the same folder and its subfolders Replacing current contact sheet I receive an error message saying:
"One or more of the folders in the subfolder scan are already open as a contact sheet. Operation cancelled."

By my understanding this should not work this way. Instead the folder and subfolders I selected should in deed replace the currently open stuff (that in most of my cases means an ampty contact sheet).

I suppose.  The solution is to just close that contact sheet tab and perform the operation again.

-Kirk

Offline rswinter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Subfolders in Contact sheet problem
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 07:24:25 PM »
I saw this as well.  It appears that the "replace" only replaces the "active" sheet.  If you have multiple sheets open, I don't think it will close any of the others...