Author Topic: Can't open Favorites Subfolders in a contact sheet by double clicking  (Read 2931 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Using PM 4.6.1 beta 7

I have a folder in Favorites called 2009 that contains subfolders of my 2009 shoots, when I double click on one of the subfolders it doesn't open in the contact sheet window. In previous versions of PM I was able to double click on the subfolder and it would open in the contact sheet window. Now the only way I can open the subfolder in a contact sheet is by right clicking and choosing open in a new contact sheet.  Is this a bug or is it how it's supposed to work.

I'm using WindowsXP SP3. It does this on both my laptop and desktop computers
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Using PM 4.6.1 beta 7

I have a folder in Favorites called 2009 that contains subfolders of my 2009 shoots, when I double click on one of the subfolders it doesn't open in the contact sheet window. In previous versions of PM I was able to double click on the subfolder and it would open in the contact sheet window. Now the only way I can open the subfolder in a contact sheet is by right clicking and choosing open in a new contact sheet.  Is this a bug or is it how it's supposed to work.

In your Launching preferences, do you have it set to open contact sheets on double-clicks?

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
Using PM 4.6.1 beta 7

In your Launching preferences, do you have it set to open contact sheets on double-clicks?

-Kirk

Yes I have it set to open contact sheets on double clicks and it works in the Navigator but not in the Favorites panel if the folder is a subfolder.  If the folder is a top level folder then double clicking works in the Favorites Panel, but if it's a subfolder double clicking does nothing.
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Using PM 4.6.1 beta 7

Yes I have it set to open contact sheets on double clicks and it works in the Navigator but not in the Favorites panel if the folder is a subfolder.  If the folder is a top level folder then double clicking works in the Favorites Panel, but if it's a subfolder double clicking does nothing.

Thanks to your thorough description I was able to reproduce the issue and fix it.  The fix will appear in the next and hopefully last beta of 4.6.1.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:21:37 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
Ok Kirk, Thanks! ;D
My Blog - Ron's Blog