Author Topic: A couple of ideas...  (Read 16723 times)

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
Re: A couple of ideas...
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 02:22:15 AM »
All my CF card were bought at the same time and are same capacity and brand.
Maybe i should get a Mac again  ??? :P

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 04:52:07 AM »
Getting a Mac is always a good idea.  ;D
We made the switch last year and I'm very happy with everything, especially the UNIX command-line (but then again I guess I'm a geek). On the other hand there isn't much I can do with the Mac I couldn't also do with Windows (ok, most things are easier/smoother on the Mac).

Anyway, what brand are your cards and card reader? It may be a brand thing. For instance I've noticed that some of the non top brands (top being Sandisk, Lexar, ...) do not always work properly with all card readers.

Cheers
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 06:28:29 AM »
Denis,

Not every time unfortunately

Have you tried the AutoPlay Repair Wizard?  Yes, there are so many problems with AutoPlay on Windows that Microsoft has created an application that attempts to correct the problems:

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 11:07:56 PM »
I was on Mac for almost 15 years and then i became staff and receveid a laptop from the company ... That's when new problems started on a different OS.
All my cards are Sandisk Ext IV 2 GB and a Lexar USB card reader.

I try the fix and not working.....

maybe in the Ingest window when a card appear we could tick a box to define this as a default path for a card and when it gets acctivated with a new card it could upload all the pixs automatically. We are using more and more remote editing and just chucking the card into the reader would be wonderful. I would use auto erease and copy to a second location all the files to be sure ahave a copy in case of network problem.

Bests