Author Topic: Watermarking opacity slider?  (Read 3366 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Watermarking opacity slider?
« on: May 11, 2009, 06:51:32 AM »
I don't adjust the Watermarking opacity slider very often and maybe it's just me but I'm never sure if I move the slider to the right am I getting more opacity/ less visibility. Would it be too complicated to have a WYSIWYG on this. Plus it would be nice not to run it a 100+ images then decide - it's the wrong placement or opacity.
Thanks
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermarking opacity slider?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 08:02:38 AM »
Joe,

I don't adjust the Watermarking opacity slider very often and maybe it's just me but I'm never sure if I move the slider to the right am I getting more opacity/ less visibility. Would it be too complicated to have a WYSIWYG on this. Plus it would be nice not to run it a 100+ images then decide - it's the wrong placement or opacity.

Moving the slider to the left is 'less opacity' (logo will be less solid.)  Moving the slider to the right is 'more opacity' (logo will be more solid.)  Sure, a preview of what you're going to get would be nice, but the Watermarking dialog knows nothing about the settings in the dialog that brought it up, meaning it knows nothing of the size or the shape of the images that are to be processed.  So adding a preview would be fairly difficult to implement unless some sort of communication from the parent dialog and the Watermarking dialog could be achieved.

-Kirk