Photo Mechanic > Support

Sorting, Renaming, Re-Ordering Photos

(1/1)

dgreenphoto:
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to re-order clips, through dragging and dropping, so that photos can be put into a specific order. I am doing this so I can put my photos in a custom for printing contact sheets and eventually for making PDFs from these contact sheets. Many of the photos I have are not named sequentially, so they do not print sequentially....

Hopefully, I won't need to rename my photos to do this, but I am willing to do so if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

David

dbrouse:
Right now, there is no way to manually sort the photos. You could possibily rename them (in several steps), maybe just adding a few digits to the beginning of the exisiting filename.  I've done this in the past to get images to sort the way I like them to...

Kirk will probably chime in with the status of a manual sort (drag/drop I think)...

Delane

Kirk Baker:
David,

--- Quote from: dgreenphoto on July 24, 2006, 12:37:10 PM ---I'm wondering if there is a way to re-order clips, through dragging and dropping, so that photos can be put into a specific order. I am doing this so I can put my photos in a custom for printing contact sheets and eventually for making PDFs from these contact sheets. Many of the photos I have are not named sequentially, so they do not print sequentially....

Hopefully, I won't need to rename my photos to do this, but I am willing to do so if necessary.
--- End quote ---

Custom reordering is coming in version 4.5.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version