Author Topic: uploading into thin air? - problems with photoshelter uploader  (Read 2331 times)

Offline jjtiziou

• Newcomer
    • View Profile

Hi there Kirk et al-

I'm using beta of v4.6.1 (latest release #7) - and am experiencing some vanishing images and crashes when trying to upload to photoshelter.
Using an 8core macpro with 10gb ram, osX 10.5.6

Specifically, I was looking at a folder with 1295 images in it.
I selected the first ten, used the photoshelter uploader, and they copied to the upload queue and started uploading, nice and fast.

Then I selected the rest of the images, and tried to upload to photoshelter again, using the same settings.
A fairly long progress bar then ensued, as they were resampled and copied to the temporary folder for transmission. Or so it seemed.

Once the progress bar completed however, no more images were listed in the upload queue. As if they'd just vanished into thin air.
And indeed, the first ten images in the contact sheet showed green rectangles indicating the successful upload, but the rest had nothing.

I then selected the next ten images, and tried uploading just those. They were successfully listed in the upload queue, but didn't actually start uploading. (In the contact sheet, they show the little blank rectangles indicating that they are awaiting upload) - I then clicked on "cancel" - and then tried to click on "close" to close the upload queue and start over. The program just locked up with a spinning beachball, and after ten minutes I came back and force quit it.

It didn't generate a crash log. Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: uploading into thin air? - problems with photoshelter uploader
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »
jj,

I'm using beta of v4.6.1 (latest release #7) - and am experiencing some vanishing images and crashes when trying to upload to photoshelter.
Using an 8core macpro with 10gb ram, osX 10.5.6

Specifically, I was looking at a folder with 1295 images in it.
I selected the first ten, used the photoshelter uploader, and they copied to the upload queue and started uploading, nice and fast.

Then I selected the rest of the images, and tried to upload to photoshelter again, using the same settings.
A fairly long progress bar then ensued, as they were resampled and copied to the temporary folder for transmission. Or so it seemed.

Once the progress bar completed however, no more images were listed in the upload queue. As if they'd just vanished into thin air.
And indeed, the first ten images in the contact sheet showed green rectangles indicating the successful upload, but the rest had nothing.

I then selected the next ten images, and tried uploading just those. They were successfully listed in the upload queue, but didn't actually start uploading. (In the contact sheet, they show the little blank rectangles indicating that they are awaiting upload) - I then clicked on "cancel" - and then tried to click on "close" to close the upload queue and start over. The program just locked up with a spinning beachball, and after ten minutes I came back and force quit it.

It didn't generate a crash log.

It should be fixed in beta 8 of 4.6.1, but please let us know if it does or does not fix your issue.  Beta 8 should be available towards the end of next week.

-Kirk

Offline jjtiziou

• Newcomer
    • View Profile

Hi Kirk,

Just wanted to let you know that this is fixed and the photoshelter uploader is working great... Disregard those crash logs that I sent you via email.

For anyone else out there having strange glitches like I was, it turns out that the problem was actually with the finder on my mac - some files in my user account must have gotten corrupted, and were causing some other glitches. Trashing a few preference files didn't quite fix it, but creating a whole new user account did, and everything is running super smoothly again.

-jj