Author Topic: Copy & Paste or Snapshot Button for GPS Coordinates  (Read 6327 times)

Offline Gihl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • finehand
Copy & Paste or Snapshot Button for GPS Coordinates
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:55:35 AM »
Hello,

I can assign same GPS Coordinates to the rest images in same folder with Image > Set GPS Coordinates dialog.
But I want to assign GPS Coordinates to another images in different folders(directories), Is it possible?

Please let me know.  ;D

greets
younghoon Gihl.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy & Paste or Snapshot Button for GPS Coordinates
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 11:25:23 AM »
Younghoon,

I can assign same GPS Coordinates to the rest images in same folder with Image > Set GPS Coordinates dialog.
But I want to assign GPS Coordinates to another images in different folders(directories), Is it possible?

You need to open the subfolders in a single contact sheet and then apply the coordinates.  You can do this by right-clicking (or Ctrl-click on a Mac with a one button mouse) on a folder in the Navigator and choosing one of the options titled "Open Folder and Sub-folders..."  Then you can select all of the images and apply the GPS coordinates.

-Kirk

Offline Gihl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • finehand
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:59:29 AM »
I'm sorry for my poor english and insufficiency of explain..

I wan to to assign same GPS Coordinates to another images which already tagged "incorrect or different" GPS Coordinates in different folders.
(ex: Assign "A" GPS Coordinates of "A" image in "A1" folder to "B", "C", "D".. images which already tagged "incorrect or different" GPS Coordinates in "B1" folder..)

So, I need a Copy & Paste GPS Coordinatesor Button or Snapshot Button. It it right?

Thank you.
younghoon Gihl.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:04:59 PM by Gihl »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »
Younghoon,

I'm sorry for my poor english and insufficiency of explain..

I wan to to assign same GPS Coordinates to another images which already tagged "incorrect or different" GPS Coordinates in different folders.
(ex: Assign "A" GPS Coordinates of "A" image in "A1" folder to "B", "C", "D".. images which already tagged "incorrect or different" GPS Coordinates in "B1" folder..)

So, I need a Copy & Paste GPS Coordinatesor Button or Snapshot Button. It it right?

If you were to open all of the folders into a single contact sheet tab as I instructed earlier and then select one "A" image and then add to your selection all of the "B", "C", and "D" images and then open up the Set GPS Coordinates dialog, you should be able to use the "A" image's coordinates and apply them to all of the rest of the images.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Gihl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • finehand
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 11:31:35 PM »
Thank you for kindly answers.
Now I fully understand your advice and that's excellent.  :D

younghoon Gihl.